Best sleeping pad?

rbljack

bringing this one back up. I tried my sea to summit insulated mat again this yr, and it just isn't getting it done for me. Slept terrible, and its not a problem with the bag because im in the WM Badger, and it was plenty warm. For me, its a slip and slide issue with the matt, and then I get sore hips because im a side sleeper and can never seem to get comfortable for any period of time. I tossed and turned all night, and finnaly fell asleep around 4 am for a few hours. This is a huge problem because then its daylight when I wake up, and im not out as early as I need to be for the morning hunt. Thinking about trying the exped winterlight pad.

Pandesal

Since 2012 I’ve been using a Big Agnes QCore which has been a terrific performer. It finally met its end two weeks ago so of course I’m gravitating towards another BA. After some cursory research I am also interested in trying out some of the lighter Thermarest options that are out there. I will say that the QCore, for just a little more weight, definitely provides a significant level of comfort that I’ve grown accustomed to.

Trial153

Nemo or thermarest. At one time i would have recommended exped however there CS sucks

Mosby

I bought new pad for this year and I bought a Thermarest xtherm max. I couldn't find a warmer pad for the weight. I went with the max to give myself some more room. I am sure there are more comfortable pads but I don't want to spend the money to find out. The cost of these things is getting pretty stupid for what they are.

schwaf

Loving my Nemo Tensor. If I'm willing to take the weight, I'll double up with a CCF zlite.