Best sleeping pad?

sneaky

"DADDY"
A quick search will bring up about 20 threads on this subject, and you can read all the recommendations. Everyone is different.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mudd Foot

WKR
Just spent 5 days on a Big Agnes QLX 78x25. Was perfect. Slept as well as in a bed. Paired it with the Lost Dog 15. The pad sleeve was also perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
Yeah, search the the topic. "Best" will depend on your priority.

The best I've seen are Therma Rest and Exped products.

FYI, some of the other pads are infamous when it comes to failure rate....a search will tell you real quick.

SniperHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I once gathered up four Therma-rests with slow leaks that I just could not repair and sent them to T-Rest. They sent me four equivalent “new” (factory irregular) pads as free replacements. I currently use either and NeoAir Xlite or Xtherm and love them both.

1000yrds

FNG
Went to a wide mat almost 6 years ago, half by chance as somebody was selling S/H at a good price. The S2S Comfort Plus may be a bit heavier than your limit tho I find it makes a huge comfort difference on snow

Kotaman

WKR
I prefer my BA Insulated AXL and non insulated AXL to my ThermaRest Neo Xtherm and Lite. Of these 4, my "go to" is the BA Insulated AXL.

renagde

WKR
I spent 8 nights on my Neoair xtherm in September. I toss and turn alot, usually start on my back, go to my side and end up on my stomach. I had no problems in any position, in fact I would inflate my pad then lay on it and let some air out so it wouldn't be to hard. Also, it's advertised at 15oz. Mine comes in at 14.9oz. I know .1 oz isn't much but in a world where you see most manufactures lie about the weight of their products, it's a breath of fresh air to see someone advertise conservatively.

Taylortat

FNG
Thermarest neoair has been working great. My Thermarest z seat doubles for glassing and a pillow when trying to stay light.

I've historically been a side sleeper but have been sleeping on my back more and more as of late. As much time as I spend outdoors I still consider myself a sleeping diva.... So with that said, here are my suggestions based on comfort in the backcountry... not counting ounces.

If you are truck camping and weight/pack-ability is not a concern, I highly recommend the Exped Megamat 10 MW. Its got an r value of 9 or so and is easily the most comfortable pad I've ever slept on.

For backpacking, I use a Big Agnes Q-Core Deluxe (Wide/Tall). Having only spent a handful of nights on it this year, it's done an awesome job so far. It's a thick mofo at 4.25". I've also found it most comfortable to have it 80% inflated -- it provides the right amount of 'give' without hitting my hips on on the ground.