Best sleeping pads for a side sleeper?

I picked up a couple Big Agnes Air Core Ultra pads on clearance from our local Cabelas for $40 ea. (noticed last week they still have a few on sale) and I couldn't be happier with them. I'm a side sleeper too, and weigh about 210 and I never felt the ground on these pads. They are rated for warm weather, but I'll put a layer under them if I have to because they are so comfortable.

Banker

FNG
No compromise
Thermarest basecamp - huge, but weights next to nothing. I strap it to the outside of my pack, it coming with a carry bag. I am 230 lbs and am a side sleeper. I don't bottom out.

JG358

WKR
I love my expeds. Running UL for warmer months and downmat for late season hunts.

madgrad02

WKR
New to forum, looking into gear for my first backpacking elk hunt next year. Any recent/newer options for a bigger guy, side sleeper? I toss and turn a bit while sleeping, so I'll carry extra weight for durability (don't need lightest option) Thanks in advance.

E6ylK

FNG
I’ve been VERY happy with the comfort of my klymit static v pads, but they’re very low r value and I’ve spent more cold nights on them than I care to admit. I’d rate the non insulated as appropriate for summer only, and only when your sleeping bag is way overrated (40* nights are not uncommon in July/Aug in the mountains). The insulted version is better, but I wouldn’t use it in cold weather (below freezing) unless adding a second (foam) pad. They are, however, comfortable for a side, back and stomach sleeper, and the price is right!

I’ve recently switched to an exped dura 8r for winter and also have found that to be very comfortable in all positions. The difference in R value is amazing. My 17* down bag keeps me warm enough to sleep in 25* weather, meaning slightly cool, but def not cold. This seems in line with sleeping bag ratings, is way better than any of my klymits, and is saying something since I’m a bit of a cold sleeper.

Summer and sometimes spring/fall = klymit
Winter / cold weather = NOT klymit!

I did heavily consider the thermarest xtherm. It’s highly rated and probably the lightest winter pad, but it had just enough negative delamination reviews to turn me off.

I have been very happy with my Therm-a-Rest NeoAir. I find it very comfortabl for a side sleeper. The only downside is that it is pretty noisy.

New to forum, looking into gear for my first backpacking elk hunt next year. Any recent/newer options for a bigger guy, side sleeper? I toss and turn a bit while sleeping, so I'll carry extra weight for durability (don't need lightest option) Thanks in advance.
Welcome. Part of the “husky hunter“ crew myself. Have a look at sea to summit ether light pads. I am a side sleeper and toss and turn a bit. The 4 inches of padding is the best I have found. They are not the lightest or cheapest options but I am on my 3rd year with mine and it is going strong. I haven’t used any of my other pads since i bought it.