Best spotter for Alaska

snipe10

FNG
Price not a concern, looking for the best spotter I can buy for Alaska and Western U.S. hunting. Couple of questions, is a reticle a must and do you prefer angled or straight. Right now, Swaro seems to be the best although I'm biased as I use Z8's on my hunting rifles. Just never owned the spotter.

Jimss

WKR
I've had both swaro and leica. Both are nice. I actually like Swaro a tag bit more, I had to return 2 of the Leica eye pieces to get worked on. I've been using and abusing scopes in Colo, Utah, Wyo, and Alaska for the past 30 years. I myself like the angled eye piece. Mostly because it seems quicker and easier to line up and locate game. I really don't like my head to be above my spotter with an angled. If my head is above the spotter that means it's easier for game to spot me glassing with head above the horizon.....number one no-no in hunting.

I would suggest the smaller 66 mm just because it is a chunk smaller and lighter than the larger versions. I don't think you gain that much with the larger scope. As I age by body thanks me for lightening up my pack. A smaller scope also is more compact for packing and traveling.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it is our pleasure to assist in discussing different options and opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have a few moments