Best state for non resident Blacktail ?

Now that borders are starting to open up a bit more ( Canadian Resident here ) Looking to try my chances at black tail as the only thing ive taken to date are whitetails. What is everyone's opinion on best state for OTC tags ?

I know for a fact that the Blacktail population on Vancouver Island is robust, especially as you go north. Same goes for some of the surrounding islands like Salt Spring. Island deer generally lack predators, so go become one!

Now that borders are starting to open up a bit more ( Canadian Resident here ) Looking to try my chances at black tail as the only thing ive taken to date are whitetails. What is everyone's opinion on best state for OTC tags ?
Ak for sure, especially for you living where you do... no brainer.. Kodiak or POW

z987k

WKR
Ak for sure, especially for you living where you do... no brainer.. Kodiak or POW
I feel it'd be a lot cheaper for him to hunt them in BC, since he's Canadian. Idk any of the regs there, maybe there's no OTC Blacktail?

But yes, AK has a lot of blacktail, from SE up to PWS and Kodiak. PWS has a limit of 4 for a non-resident, OTC, same for POW. I couldn't imagine paying the $300 per locking tag fee for a blacktail though.

Tesoro

Lil-Rokslider
Oregon ! a million acres of public land. no blackflies, no extreme weather and great blacktail bucks of all types depending on where you go.

Eric-solo

FNG
I'd give a serious look at California. sounds funny but there's huge opportunity to find open public land.
...long as it's not on fire!

ianpadron

WKR
If you're into the backcountry thing, WA state is as good as it gets. The North Cascades in particular are as scenic as any range in the world, and there are some GIANT BTs.

Quick drive from BC too and next to zero pressure. The orange army likes sitting on clear-cuts in the foothills.

Nonresident alien would need a guide to hunt any big game in Alaska. That would get pricey, then adding $630 for a license and $400 per locking tag.