Best State for Residents - Hunting - All Around Game

DIY

WKR
What is the best western state for residents for hunting. Quality, numbers, and chance to draw big ticket animals?

Also hunting pressure from residents and non residents.

Shrek

WKR
Alaska ! As far west , as far north , and as far away from the crowds as you can get. Winter does suck though :/

OP
D

DIY

WKR
Can A resident take a friend sheep or brown bear hunting? Or does a nonresident need a official "guide or outfitter"?

kravguy

WKR
Not 100% certain on this, but I believe any resident can take a friend. I thought that is how Steve Rinella went on that goat hunt without a guide. He was with his brother, who is a resident of Alaska

tstowater

WKR
Should be Oregon or CA, neither give crap to the nonresidents so the resident hunting must be fantastic.:)

weaver

WKR
Montana... lots of general season opportunities...licenses are good through archery and rifle

OP
D

DIY

WKR
what about nevada or arizona for residents?

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
AK - dall sheep, fannin sheep, brown bear, interior griz, mtn goat. Mostly over the counter, all unguided. If you can save up for a plan, the whole state becomes your playground...

Next tier- ID, MT, WY would top my list

luke moffat

Super Moderator
AK - dall sheep, fannin sheep, brown bear, interior griz, mtn goat. Mostly over the counter, all unguided. If you can save up for a plan, the whole state becomes your playground...

Don't believe what you read here folks...no need to move here. This is all lies!!! We only have turkeys and whitetail deer up here just like Iowa...nothing to see! :D

shaun

WKR
Arizona sucks as a res from what a few buddies that live in Tuscon told me they love the non res cash