Best state to kill a BIG whitetail - GO!

I'd rather hunt good, unpressured private land in a less popular state than public land in a state like Kansas, Iowa, or Illinois. Not to say public land isn't any good, it's just a lot harder to kill a trophy deer on it.

Last edited:

dhmc03

Lil-Rokslider
Old Mexico. Aka southern south Texas.

And yes, it’s dangerous as f$&! with the cartel. Dont be a p$&&! and embrace the excitement, its part of it.

mdfievet

FNG
Kansas. My 2020 buck 187 gross. Over 18" 8 pt.
95d58d4ed64dd1355779e7bbdce0298d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Trap

Lil-Rokslider
I had not heard that before but that's cool to know. I sometimes question how many actually hunt over there because I see so many white plates in the Panhandle come fall. It's a lot easier to get tags in Idaho than WA though from what little research I've done.
The best whitetail hunter I know in the Idaho panhandle hunts Washington every year as a non resident. He grew up in Idaho panhandle too. Washington tags are way easier to get as a non resident than Idaho is for non residents. You can easily buy a Washington deer tag over the counter at any time. Idaho has good genetics but a 4 month deer season is too much especially 2 months of rifle straight through the rut.