Best Tablet for Off-ROAD

punky

FNG
I HAVE ONYX program. In Montana. Have Polaris 900 and need advice on a tablet and mount. Very confusing subject. Unfortunately Onyx is not interested in helping with this, just selling software. Go offroad, need GPS, have Apple products but Ipad Mini with GPs is very expensive. What do you folks suggest? Reliable, easy to read, . Thanks.

brianrossman1

Lil-Rokslider
I just download maps on my phone.

I think any tablet would work well assuming it has adequate storage capacity and fits whatever mount you use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
P

punky

FNG
Great, Iphone works, but i am older, hard to read map, need a tablet. Thanks.

brianrossman1

Lil-Rokslider
Got it - any budget you’re aiming for? My big things would be durability and battery life. What type of weather will you be hunting in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We ran into a guy a few weeks ago that used a Samsung for exactly what you want to do. I dont know what model or mount but you may want to look up some Samsung options.

Edit: I just did a couple of Google searches. Lots of info on putting tablets in UTVs.

Ram mount is what we use to mount the iPads into the ambulance at work. They stick like glue.

On my dual sport motorcycle I had a x mount from ram mount to hold my iPhone to the bars. No issues and ran a power cord to it so it had constant charge.

Samsung table is going to be the cheapest or a used iPad with internet (has gps card than).

Squamch

WKR
Maybe check out irate4x4.com (no P!), and see what guys are running in their buggies for nav tablets. A lot of guys run all engine monitoring and nav through a dash mounted tablet.