Best Tasting Water Bladder

4ester

WKR
Never had an issue with my Camelback, and it’s embarrassing how little I clean it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheGDog

WKR
I add a small amount of powdered Gatorade
IF you do this...(I sometimes take one of my Vapur water bag/bottles and do a 1L of Amino Recovery drink) you for-sure have to be very good about immediately washing out that bag/bottle quite a big with a lil soapy water (Dawn Platinum is your friend) sloshed around violently inside of it, the moment you get home. If you don't stuff gets left behind and grows. And what grows, can lead to bad acid production/reflux out in the field.

Go ahead and do it. But make sure you stuff your sniffer deep down into that container and take a very deep and careful whiff to make sure you've cleaned it all out. Heck... just in like 1 hot day of having had something like that in a bag... when you come home... give it that deep sniff test.. you'll smell what I'm talking about.

I'm telling you, it makes for a very foul and painful day out in the field of Acid Reflux (disclaimer, if you are someone who is prone to Acid Reflux) if you have that little tiny bit of growth in there.

My $.02, as a good friend once told me "Sharing is caring!" so don't shoot the messenger.

AZ8

WKR
Also have a Badlands. Once that “newness” taste left, I’ve had no issues. I clean it with water and a little bleach, then flip it inside out to dry. I also make sure to suck that water/bleach mixture into the tube and let it sit for a bit then rinse.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
Half of the problem is probably our apartment water. We run it through a Brita filter and it tastes alright when it's cold. If the water gets warm/hot, it tastes awful.

1KNIGHT

FNG
Great thread as I am in the process of purchase bladder soon. Which ones come with the quick connect system? Thanks!

bootheeltechy

Lil-Rokslider
Great thread as I am in the process of purchase bladder soon. Which ones come with the quick connect system? Thanks!
Just picked up a Source tactical with the quick connects. Fabulous system! I can't recommend it enough!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

never noticed my camelbak tasting like tape. maybe just replace it with a new one. have had my camelbak for over 15 years and no problems with taste ever. ill replace it when it needs. still strong as of now.