Best tire for F-350

Ok we have a thread for F-150. Whats alls thoughts on best tire for and F-350.
I do a fair bit of highway drving but also just as equial off highway in the Mnts and desert of Idaho.

Poltax

Lil-Rokslider
I have a F350 dually. I have been running the Michilen Defenders. Have even used the truck on the Bow Hunt as well. The tire is not a Mud tire. Dry conditions and highway snow or rain they are the bomb. But you give up on the off road. You can get 70,000 miles out of them if you rotate every 5,000. Been running them on my F250 since 2000. The defender is the replacement for the older LTX series.

DESERT ED

FNG
Same as the 150.... ST MAXX. On my second set on my 350. They’re an 8 ply, I figured I’d try them out to see if they would help take out some of the harshness of the stiff suspension. So far so good. If you want a10 ply try the STT PROS. My wife runs the ST MAXX on her dually with trailer in the high country too. No issues ever. Let me clarify.. had 255/80/17 10 plys on before my 315/70/17 8 plys. Wanted a bigger tire..

Last edited:
I’m a huge fan of American Made Coopers. If you are running lifted and larger than 35” tires I don’t really have an opinion as I run 285/75R18s (34.8” tall) on my 3/4 ton. The newer Fords have 20” stock wheels, so I don’t know who makes the best for that wheel size.

I had Nitto grapplers for trails but they gave 1.5 mpg lower than highway treads like the Firestone HT the truck came with. I now have Bridgestone LTH from Discount Tire but haven't used them enough to know if they are a good compromise.

Catahoula

WKR
Any major brand all-terrain E rated tire...... I’ve used Michelin, Nitto, Cooper, Toyo and Hankook. I have found that the Hankook Dynapro has lasted the longest and the quietest tire....at least with my style of driving...

Not Vegan

FNG
Toyo At 2 or 3 and falkin wildpeak at3 will last the longest and are pretty good in wet and snow packed roads.

jm1607

WKR
I'm about to put Toyo Open Country R/Ts on my Excursion. Never used them but I've heard only good things about them...

slvrslngr

WKR
Falken Wildpeak are good bang for the buck but are made in Thailand. If you want American made then I would go with Coopers.

Lmman44

FNG
I've had the nitto Ridge grapplers for a second time now and they've been great on my 07 ram 2500 Cummins. Great on road performance, great off road in AZ (not terribly muddy) and they're quiet. Never had balancing issues or flat spots or anything. Got 50k miles out of the first ones and on the same track with these.

OP
HuntInWild88
Thanks. Ive been running bfg ko2s on my jeep. But this will be the first time putting tires on the f-350. Its not a duelly or lifted..stock 17" rims. Whats the largest tires yall think would fit? The truck has fender flares but the stock tires are way inside and look funny. 20180727_202954.jpg

I’m on my second set of Toyo Open Country’s, and at this point you’d be pretty hard pressed to talk me into buying anything else. I got about 65,000 miles on my first set and that was with a fair amount of hauling a 3000 lb. cab over camper. 7700 lb. 1 ton Dodge diesel. 10 ply is the only way to go IMO.
571b766f56f509bd29e1a38a2ec136b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghostmoney

Lil-Rokslider
I have had K02s on my F350 and currently have a set on my excursion and have been very happy with them. When I bought the excursion it had K02s with just over 50,000 miles and still had life left, but I lifted it and went with a larger K02. Other tire I would like to try is the Toyo R/T has they seem to get good reviews.

My father and a hunting partner have both used toyo AT and both have switched tires and from what I saw I wouldn't recommend them. Most people I have seen recommend them always state wet pavement for how great the tire is, which imo shouldn't be mentioned when discussing the merits of a tire. As long as it isn't a racing slick you will be fine on wet pavement.

Nuke Man

WKR
I'd steer clear of the BFG At KO2's. Have a set on my truck and wife's yukon. Both sets are wearing like shit. They used to be good tires but the ko2's seem softer and dont wear good. Everyone I know is switching to Toyos or Nittos

I'm with Poltax above...Michelin Defenders, M&S. I never even ran the factory tires on the 2015 except to drive 15 km to COSTCO for a set of Defenders after I picked the new truck up. Quiet, low rolling resistance so optimized fuel economy, excellent dry, wet and snow tire for on road use. Very tough carcass, excellent tread life, good handling and stopping. Also expensive but worth it in my opinion. And they do fine for me on the logging roads but aren't an aggressive off road tire...but that is what the quad and RZR are for.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
This last time I put Michelin LTX AT2's on my F-350 and I've gotten more miles out of these than any other tire, but still not great. I'm approaching 45k on them and will need to replace them soon. I'd love a 70k mile tire.