Best tire for F-350

wapitibob

WKR
Buy Toto a/t if mostly hwy, some dirt, and no mud. If you’re doing mud, Toto m/t on separate wheels, those things dissolve on pavement. 285/75/16 “might” rub; mine do but right at lock and only the m/t’s.
Forgot to mention, Bridgestone dueler are also good but the at’s last longer.

I have a few miles in an f350.
85D41D64-FA84-43AD-AA4C-B11A3E8386ED.jpeg

DESERT ED

FNG
I’m on my second set of Toyo Open Country’s, and at this point you’d be pretty hard pressed to talk me into buying anything else. I got about 65,000 miles on my first set and that was with a fair amount of hauling a 3000 lb. cab over camper. 7700 lb. 1 ton Dodge diesel. 10 ply is the only way to go IMO.
571b766f56f509bd29e1a38a2ec136b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I may go this route my next rotation. Always hear good stuff about these.

Another vote for the nitto ridge grappler. Smooth highway ride, decent wear and acceptable off road performance. I look after a fleet of a dozen trucks that see plenty of highway use but also run utility right of ways { powerlines, gaslines] I have run pretty much every tire mentioned here and many more. Many tires work well but the ridge grappler is my current choice.

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
Yet another vote for Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I've been running them on my van (8K# empty) and they are wearing well. Mine are 35 x 12.50R18 in F load rating. I noticed that they don't air down as well as the older Nitto's I had, the sidewalls are stiffer being F rated. I usually air down to 10 psi and they still work fine in deep sand.
The Cooper MT's on my GF's Jeep are a bit noisy (expected I suppose, but the Toyo MT's on her Cummins are quieter for sure), but otherwise seem to be wearing well. Toyo MT's have always done well on heavier trucks too.
Yes, the van is sagging a bit. We were playing with her camper. I need some long travel airbags...

Attachments

• IMG_20190908_150013 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20190908_150013 - Copy.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 40
Yet another vote for Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I've been running them on my van (8K# empty) and they are wearing well. Mine are 35 x 12.50R18 in F load rating. I noticed that they don't air down as well as the older Nitto's I had, the sidewalls are stiffer being F rated. I usually air down to 10 psi and they still work fine in deep sand.
The Cooper MT's on my GF's Jeep are a bit noisy (expected I suppose, but the Toyo MT's on her Cummins are quieter for sure), but otherwise seem to be wearing well. Toyo MT's have always done well on heavier trucks too.
Yes, the van is sagging a bit. We were playing with her camper. I need some long travel airbags...

I like it!

ghostmoney

Lil-Rokslider
I'd steer clear of the BFG At KO2's. Have a set on my truck and wife's yukon. Both sets are wearing like shit. They used to be good tires but the ko2's seem softer and dont wear good. Everyone I know is switching to Toyos or Nittos
Running into this issue as well on my Tundra...
I had issues as well on my Tahoe. Switched to Nitto Ridge Grapplers and love them.
How many miles did you get on your tires?

How many miles did you get on your tires?

I am at 30k on my current set of Ridge Grapplers and they are about half tread. They are 10 plys and I rotate them every 5-7k miles. This is my first set of these. I used to run the Terra Grapplers. I only got about 40k out of my KO2s and they were bad in rain for about the last 15k miles. I loved them before that.

The John

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. Ive been running bfg ko2s on my jeep. But this will be the first time putting tires on the f-350. Its not a duelly or lifted..stock 17" rims. Whats the largest tires yall think would fit? The truck has fender flares but the stock tires are way inside and look funny. View attachment 186484
I run 315's on my 2000 F250 with a leveling kit. I also have the warn hidden winch mount (and winch).

Attachments

• truck friend oregon.jpg
    truck friend oregon.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 29

Vandy321

WKR
The best tires for a Ford are whatever are on the tow-truck its loaded on.

All jokes aside, another vote for TOYO AT or MTs depending on what fits your driving. Have had them on everything from a LC, 3/4 ton ford, 1 ton ram, the wifes 4runner, etc. The MTs do fairly decent in the snow too, with some moderate siping

Last edited:

Sharpsman

FNG
Back in the day I ran Firestone Steeltec on my Dodge 3500 they lasted better than anything l have ran since. Then they discontinued the steeltec and had a tire called a Transforce (Total Junk) I then switched to Yokohama Geolanders In E range and have been super happy with traction and longevity

Pbast81

FNG
I have had good luck with Mickey Thompson Baja Atz on my f350 getting around 60000 miles out of them.

I run E-rated Nitto Grappler G2's on my F250. They are good for 3 seasons but do not like snow or ice so I switch them out with some Blizzak's for the winter.

LandYacht

WKR
Have had STT Pros on my Land Cruiser for the last 4 years. If you are in any sort of snow do not get them. I’ve made them work, but have had to chain more with these tires than even a set of General Grabber highway tires I had on it when I first got imy Cruiser way back when.

I can’t wait to swap these tires out for something that will actually hook up in the snow. Quite disappointed and would not recommend them at all.

Wrench

WKR
The best money you'll spend will be a set of centramatics. They are dynamic tire balancers that change with your tire wear.

They cost as much as a mount and balance yet last forever.

Squamch

WKR
I have toyo m55s now. Tough, good traction, wear has not been great.
I had terra grapplers before that. Now that was a garbage tire. Nice for dry pavement, sliding around like a greased eel as soon as it rained, and forget any kind of offroad traction.

Rock-o

WKR
Nitto Trail Grappler 295-70-18 on my 2011 F250 crew cab diesel 4x4 with factory wheels. Quite a bit of off-road miles. On my 2nd set.