Best Trail Camera..............Customer Service?

Whose had the best experience after the sale with your cameras?
Browning= Never had to do anything but put in Batteries and a card until this year. I've got a couple errant cameras that I've had to do a software update on but they were pretty simple, parts seem to be somewhat available. Out of 30 cameras I finally had one not work out of the box, narrowed it down to the battery tray. Called customer service, guy was a condescending dick but he supposedly sent me a new tray out 10 days ago.....

Spypoint. I've used the trouble shooting sequence on their website a few times and it has solved most of my problems. I needed some parts earlier in the season and the fresnel lens was on back order for about 2 months, when they have them in stock parts ship fast. Finally got a cell link that was dead on arrival, did everything twice, then attempted the online chat because the phone wait time was over an hour. Anyway the extent of the chat tech support seems to be go through the trouble shooting tutorial. At this point I'll rate their customer service as "You're on your own, save the receipt"
I've got both of these brands and units dialed in to systems that work for me, and I'll probably stick with them for awhile. Browning I'll give props to because you can get a human being on the phone and the parts are available.
Spypoint I'll give props to their online tutorial, beyond that save the receipt.

And not brand related, but I bought my cell links from Dicks Sporting Goods online and they were rock stars. I got an obvious opened returned unit in my last order, called them up and no questions asked they sent another one overnight. Finally got sick of dealing w/ spypoint customer service on the dead on arrival unit, called them up and they just sent another one out, no hassle.

I feel like a ridgetec schill sometimes.. but they have had the best customer service i've experienced. They are a small operation and you end up dealing with one of 2 or 3 people from my experience. You can call but sending an email usually gets a response within a few hours and then follow up after that is typically shorter.

My experience with Browning and Spypoint matches yours.

One other good option is to buy through trailcampro.com and they will take care of folks for a couple years after purchase so you don't have to deal with manufacturers.

TheMiz54

FNG
Whose had the best experience after the sale with your cameras?
Browning= Never had to do anything but put in Batteries and a card until this year. I've got a couple errant cameras that I've had to do a software update on but they were pretty simple, parts seem to be somewhat available. Out of 30 cameras I finally had one not work out of the box, narrowed it down to the battery tray. Called customer service, guy was a condescending dick but he supposedly sent me a new tray out 10 days ago.....

Spypoint. I've used the trouble shooting sequence on their website a few times and it has solved most of my problems. I needed some parts earlier in the season and the fresnel lens was on back order for about 2 months, when they have them in stock parts ship fast. Finally got a cell link that was dead on arrival, did everything twice, then attempted the online chat because the phone wait time was over an hour. Anyway the extent of the chat tech support seems to be go through the trouble shooting tutorial. At this point I'll rate their customer service as "You're on your own, save the receipt"
I've got both of these brands and units dialed in to systems that work for me, and I'll probably stick with them for awhile. Browning I'll give props to because you can get a human being on the phone and the parts are available.
Spypoint I'll give props to their online tutorial, beyond that save the receipt.

And not brand related, but I bought my cell links from Dicks Sporting Goods online and they were rock stars. I got an obvious opened returned unit in my last order, called them up and no questions asked they sent another one overnight. Finally got sick of dealing w/ spypoint customer service on the dead on arrival unit, called them up and they just sent another one out, no hassle.
I have Browning Cell Camera that seems to have a stuck IR filter and at night just takes black photos. I contacted customer service who told me to do the software update. I plan on trying that but if it doesn't work I will have to see what else I can do. I have only had it about 7 months.

OP
S
Is it taking pink pictures during the day? Just had a strikeforce (2016 non cell model) that was taking pink hued exposures and that's what It came down to. You can google your symptoms and browning camera IR lense and there's a bunch of info out there. I typically run amazon basics alkaline batteries with little to no problems, this camera had a new set of Duracell's that showed 95% on the indicator, after several attempts at stuff I found online I swapped a new set of Amazon batteries in and that corrected it. No idea what, how, or why.

Eastfork

FNG
absolutely love brownings. and there customer service has been awesome. i feel they are your best bang for your buck all the way around. now if you want disposable cameras that are fairly decent and last longer than u expect try the tascos from walmart. unbelievable for there price

OP
S
absolutely love brownings. and there customer service has been awesome. i feel they are your best bang for your buck all the way around. now if you want disposable cameras that are fairly decent and last longer than u expect try the tascos from walmart. unbelievable for there price
That's been my experience as well, I'm running a mix of both and the Tasco's are pretty impressive for what they are.

NickD40

FNG
I've had good luck with Cuddeback when I had one of their Cuddelink cams go belly up. Sent me a shipping slip to send the bad camera back and sent me a new one when it couldn't be fixed. Turnaround time was about 6 days. On the flip side, I'd rather headbutt a cactus than ever call the Stealth Camera customer service again. That same 20 second song played on a 45 minute loop while waiting to talk to someone still haunts me.

NallaJ23

FNG
I’ve had multiple brands over the years, and it depends on your budget. I have multiple Browning cameras, and I love them. I’ve also had good luck with their customer service. But there’s nothing better than a Reconyx IMO. They’re reliable, never miss a picture, and will last forever. Their customer service has been great as well.

HunterCL

FNG
I had good customer service from Cuddeback about 10 years ago. My Cuddeback Capture IR trail cam stopped working and they gave me a discount to upgrade to the Attack IR at the time. Easy to deal with. Moultrie also has good customer service.

OspreyZB

Lil-Rokslider
Exodus trail cameras have treated me good, as far as the cameras and the customer service. I have a dozen or so of their cameras. They have a 5 year warranty (which I've never had to use), and if your camera is stolen you can get 50% off a replacement, which I had to take advantage of for the first time last year.

I feel like a ridgetec schill sometimes.. but they have had the best customer service i've experienced. They are a small operation and you end up dealing with one of 2 or 3 people from my experience. You can call but sending an email usually gets a response within a few hours and then follow up after that is typically shorter.

My experience with Browning and Spypoint matches yours.

One other good option is to buy through trailcampro.com and they will take care of folks for a couple years after purchase so you don't have to deal with manufacturers.

To follow up on this, I returned 3 browning defender ridgeline cams to trailcampro after they sat out all season because they were dumpster fires when it comes to reliability. They gave me a full credit which I immediately put towards more ridgetec cams.

So another kudos to trailcampros.com for taking care of customers. I will say one thing I don't like is that they don't seem to have the customer reviews up on their website anymore. They have the same browning ridgeline cams rated #2 overall for cell cams and don't have the associated customer feedback anymore. We had 6 of them from 2 different sources last season and they were a nightmare so i'm giving their reviews less faith than I used to.

akrdkill

WKR
i'm running a Barnowl, customer service has been quite responsive, i had a 2yr old camera that was having issues & they sent me a new one no questions asked

rom828q

FNG
Pretty much use Browning and Exodus. Never had to use customer service for Brownning, as like you've experienced, they just seem to run. Some of mine are starting to go bad, and some internal batteries have died. But I've had many of them since 2015/16.
Use Exodus for my cellular cams. Customer service has been excellent when needed! I actually just had one go missing (I think) recently due to destruction/theft I believe... I haven't been up to check it yet, but got pictures of the camera moving, and it's been offline since. So we'll see if the 50% off warranty is honored.

Tactacam customer service is responsive via email and phone. Plus it’s a great cell camera. I use the tactacam reveal sk cell cam.

kybuck1

Lil-Rokslider
The small browning, non cell, have been great for me with trigger and battery life. I do think it has a visible flash though which I am not a fan of. Coverts have been decent for me overall but with some of their updates you have to reset the camera and it's a pain in the butt if it's a cell cam. Got a couple of spartan GoLive right now and so far really enjoy them. Super nice to get a pic and then check out the live video. I've got those set up with the solar panel and so far they are really solid.