Best trailer tires?

Just purchased a new 14’ trailer to pull my Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT. It is a single axle with 205/15 size tires. The trailer came with new but cheap tires. What is the best tire for this application. Some of you boat and camper owners might want to chime in.
Thanks in advance.

I've had about the same luck with all of them.
I'd just step up to the 8 ply even though you don't need the rating. We normally shove gravel straight thru the tread of the 6 ply.

Or if you have room to step up to the 225s and 10 ply

Luckily your came with 15" wheels.

And realize they have a speed rating usually 55mph
And that they need changed every few years even if they have tread.

I'm sure with this light of a setup you'll have better luck.
But we have found they need to be replaced at the beginning of the 3rd year to have trouble free travels.

Maxxis makes a 6 and 8 ply rated option.
I generally run LT tires on my trailers. Have much better luck with quality.
For sure get radials, and get a speed rating over the standard 50 or 55. Folks drive 70 these days.

I wouldn’t recommend a truck tire. They are built completely different. Sidewalls are different and everything. A good trailer tire will provide years of use with no issues. I have a boat and a trailer and have had zero issues, other than my son uses the trailer all the time and he is a nail magnet. All have been slow leaking so no side of the road emergencies. I attribute that to the beefier 8 plys.

BassAssassin04

Lil-Rokslider
I'll second the good year endurance. I think this has gotten better in the last few years, but also pay attention to the speed rating.

Wrench

WKR
Goodyear are a company of ill repute, but the endurance is the only trailer tire made in the USA. I've broken 3 wheels on my heavy arctic fox and never lost a tire.

Put 10 ply tires on for off road trailering, especially for a single axle trailer.

That will narrow it down for you on brand.

2five7

WKR
I've had about the same luck with all of them.
I'd just step up to the 8 ply even though you don't need the rating. We normally shove gravel straight thru the tread of the 6 ply.

Or if you have room to step up to the 225s and 10 ply

Luckily your came with 15" wheels.

And realize they have a speed rating usually 55mph
And that they need changed every few years even if they have tread.

I'm sure with this light of a setup you'll have better luck.
But we have found they need to be replaced at the beginning of the 3rd year to have trouble free travels.
My thoughts and experience exactly!

Wrench

WKR
I put the endurance on myself and took the Carlisle off.....there is no comparison. The sidewalls on the endurance are thicker than the tread on the Carlisle.

Beendare

WKR
A good 8 ply works.

Make sure you Request that they balance them. Some tire outfits think that because it’s a trailer tire they don’t normally balance them but of course they always run better when they are balanced.

-

drmatara

FNG
If you can step up to a light truck tire, you'll be way better off. But also pay attention to the speed rating.

Wrench

WKR
Speaking of balance, I STRONGLY SUGGEST centramatic or balance masters on all tires. I have 100k on mud tires now and zero cupping on any of them. Always balanced and no problem after the wheels get loaded with mud. I run them on all tires now....cost seems steep until you don't pay for balance and get way more tire life.