Best Trigger options for a hunting rig

I am trying to figure out a great trigger upgrade option for my R700 with the Xmark factory trigger. I have adjusted it down as much as I can and it's sitting around 2-2.5lbs. It is just a bit too heavy for me still. I like it to be more around 1lb, maybe even a little lighter. My safety doesn't come off until I am on target, so I am not overly worried about going too light, I also don't get buck fever so I am not worried about an accidental trigger pull from the excitement.
What are some of the triggers you all have run that won't break the bank? Hard for me to consider a trigger tech Diamond because of the price,
Trying to keep it under 200!
Thanks for the help guys.

Trigger tech. But I won't go below 2lbs on a hunting rifle. To many unknowns, to many cold fingers, ect. I can shoot effectively further than I will ever shoot game with 2lbs.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have a trigger tech in my Remington 700, I like it a lot. I ordered a few more trigger techs for my Kimber rifles but have not received them yet because they are form Canada or something.

I put a Timney in a winchester 70 extreme weather and its been a good trigger for as long as I've had it.

OP
BoltActionBrotherhood
I have jewell, timney and TT. My prefence is that order also.
I got my first two kills with a jewel trigger, and it was light. I loved it. One pig at 450 and one a 600 yards.
I didnt realize how affordable to jewel triggers are, I might look into them again. Why do you like it the most?

I had a Jewell freeze up on me last year. The trigger assembly is super open and prone to failure in the field from dirt, freezing up etc. get the sealed TT

I got my first two kills with a jewel trigger, and it was light. I loved it. One pig at 450 and one a 600 yards.
I didnt realize how affordable to jewel triggers are, I might look into them again. Why do you like it the most?
IMO the most consitant feel when changing poundage, and for what ever reason thier trigger shoe just fits me well. Could also just be in my head.

I’ve heard they are prone to having dust issues but havent had thst issue yet and Im rough in stuff think im going on 8 years with it.

Wapiti1

WKR
I had a Jewell freeze up on me last year. The trigger assembly is super open and prone to failure in the field from dirt, freezing up etc. get the sealed TT
The trigger tech will freeze as well.

It's not a trigger design issue. The sear is long, has a lot of surface contact with the trigger housing, and does not have a lot of force to disengage because it is a slip system. When they freeze, the sear freezes to the housing. It doesn't matter what trigger mechanism is sitting below it.

Been there more than a few times with Remington and clone rifles. Best prevention that I've used is to clean the trigger with brake cleaner, and apply car wax to the sear and inside the housing. Wipe it off, and you get some degree of water repellency.

Jeremy

Flyjunky

WKR
Trigger tech special or Bixn-Andy, both are fantastic with the TT Special being cheaper.

LRJammer

FNG
Trigger Tech are decent and Timney will get the job done. I have been a huge fan of a quality 2 stage trigger for a long time. I recently switched to the Geiselle Super 700 I am changing all my 700s to the Geiselle. Nothing else is even close.

Big Ern

WKR
Trigger Tech is my first choice.
BandA secons choice
Timney a distant third. Not a big fan, but still way better than stock.

wweaver

FNG
Trigger techs are on sale right now on Mid south shooters supply. The Pro is $175.