Best tripod bino adapter

cski100

Lil-Rokslider
Outdoorsmans is the only way to go. Bit pricey but worth it in the long run period.

Vandy321

WKR
For those with the outdoorsmans....if I go with the regular sized post instead of the tall (8x42 ELs), will that allow the binos to fit in my harness with the post attached?

Orions.Quest

Lil-Rokslider
For those with the outdoorsmans....if I go with the regular sized post instead of the tall (8x42 ELs), will that allow the binos to fit in my harness with the post attached?
Depends on your harness setup, but Not likely.
I have used the Outdoorsmans for years, love the set up and ease of swapping binos while glassing. I keep the post attached to my 15’s in my backpack, if I need to switch it up it’s a quick switch for my 10’s. My harness system (FHF gear) won’t allow me to keep the post on the 10’s

Vandy321

WKR
Depends on your harness setup, but Not likely.
I have used the Outdoorsmans for years, love the set up and ease of swapping binos while glassing. I keep the post attached to my 15’s in my backpack, if I need to switch it up it’s a quick switch for my 10’s. My harness system (FHF gear) won’t allow me to keep the post on the 10’s

Thanks, sold my KUIU harness to go with AGC for the extra room for stuff with the pockets. Guess the easy answer is to just store the post in the harness pockets if it doesnt fit with it attached to binos

I like Kramer designs because it is much less obtrusive. https://kramerdesignscorp.com/KDC_Rapid_Release.html

It was a toss up for me between the Kramer Designs bino adapter. The KDC honestly looks like it’s a better system than Outdoorsmans, because the stud fits in from the top. The machine work KDC does is absolutely incredible too.

I ultimately went with the Outdoorsmans because a used set of binos I bought came with an Outdoorsmans stud. I put a quick release panner on my KDC tripod and rigged the whole system up, seems nice so far.

Regarding the Vortex adapters, they are junk. Two years experience with the Uni Adapter, no thanks...

Jasper17

FNG
Thumbs up for the outdoorsman adapter and I run the tall as well, its a quick switch from one setup to another. Spend the bucks you won't be sorry

I was on the fence about the Outdoorsmans and wasn't sure if it was worth the $$$. After using it for a few times, it is absolutely worth it. One of the best pieces of gear I have found in a while.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ve had 3 of the vortex tripod adapters lose the little screw in the top rendering it useless. I’m done with that crap. Anybody have recommendations of what to use instead? I know outdoorsmans has a great system but I’m hoping not to spend a wack of money on a dumb little adapter. Still, all recommendations are appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Leica bino adapter has one that I have used for awhile and I really like it due to running a various of binos and I also use it to shoot my rifle with it. They are lightweight and very simple to use. check them out plus the price is not bad at all as well.

Mosby

WKR
I use an Outdoorsman on my Leica's. My son just got a Field Optics adapter for his Nikon's. I think it was $29 on Amazon.

Outdoorsman hands down. What I like about it is that it’s quick to attach and when you move you just pick up the tripod and go to your new spot. Bono’s stay attached.