Best tripod bino adapter

I’ve had 3 of the vortex tripod adapters lose the little screw in the top rendering it useless. I’m done with that crap. Anybody have recommendations of what to use instead? I know outdoorsmans has a great system but I’m hoping not to spend a wack of money on a dumb little adapter. Still, all recommendations are appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scp

Lil-Rokslider
Feel your pain on the Vortex mount. At risk of sounding like a smart@ss, relook Outdoorsmans. I’ve used it for three years after fumbling through many years prior of marginal tripods and/or mounting systems for binos. I’ll probably use it the rest of my days, it’s that solid. As they say often on this site, ‘buy once, cry once.’

OP
Hectocotylus
Feel your pain on the Vortex mount. At risk of sounding like a smart@ss, relook Outdoorsmans. I’ve used it for three years after fumbling through many years prior of marginal tripods and/or mounting systems for binos. I’ll probably use it the rest of my days, it’s that solid. As they say often on this site, ‘buy once, cry once.’

I know it’s the best. Hard to spend 90 bucks to attach to a hundred dollar tripod lol

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using the field optics research system and so far so good at a fraction of what you spend on an outdoorsmans. Yes, if you can afford to go big I'm sure you will appreciate the quality of products outdoorsman sells but for me the field optics does just fine. I've had no issues with quality and functionality and personally dont feel the need to upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Brooks

WKR
I sat on the side of a mountain just yesterday glassing some canyons for several hours. I have the Outdoorsmans tall adapter on a pro master tripod .... Awesome setup... rock solid!!

ElkChapo

FNG
I tried the vortex unidapter along with a number of other adapters before i finally caved and moved to the Outdoorsmans adapter. I should have heeded the "buy once, cry once" advice. You'll be glad you have it. It is hands down the best adapter i've ever used or seen. Based on their price, i think they know that ;)

OP
Hectocotylus
I tried the vortex unidapter along with a number of other adapters before i finally caved and moved to the Outdoorsmans adapter. I should have heeded the "buy once, cry once" advice. You'll be glad you have it. It is hands down the best adapter i've ever used or seen. Based on their price, i think they know that ;)

Sounds like I need to save my pennies :)

ElkChapo

FNG
I would suggest you get the tall version, which works better with the larger objective binos.
I use my tall adapter with my Vortex Razor 15's but i have to use the short adapter with my 10x50's due to the squatty nature of the 50mm objective lens. the tall works on my brother's 10x42's. Just something to note.

slatty

WKR
I'm happy with the field optics adapter. It's hard to attach and detach with cold hands or with gloves but otherwise works well.

rm06

WKR
Heed the advice above. I have a Field Optics mount as well as the Outdoorsmans. The FOR is ok, it generally works as advertised (until the little spring clip gets frozen).

The Outdoorsmans stuff is much higher quality gear, you know where you're money has gone the moment you get it in your grubby mitts. I have the tall mount but have only used it with my 10x42 SLCs, most advice trends toward this mount.

Outdoorsmans is the best. I don't know of another system that lets you quickly put your handheld binos on a tripod.