Best Turkey call

Mosby

WKR
The only issue I have found with slate is in really humid environments it absorbs a lot of moisture, which can really affect the tone and sound on bad days.

Orbis

FNG
The only issue I have found with slate is in really humid environments it absorbs a lot of moisture, which can really affect the tone and sound on bad days.
In a humid spot, but my pot call is a classic slate - I’ll give it a go, of course, but in a humid location, would you go glass, or ?

I would go crystal or frictionite. You can't beat the softness of a classic slate. Crystal can be a bit more sharp of a tone so I really only like to use it for loud exciting clucks and fighting purs. The frictionite if remember will still work wet as long as your using a non wood striker.

Mosby

WKR
I like David Halloran pot calls. I have several different brands and his calls are top shelf. They cost more than a lot of other calls but I personally think they are worth it. The Twisted Sister is a really nice glass call.

Attachments

• 1613809537053.png
    1613809537053.png
    544.9 KB · Views: 10

Travis907

WKR
For beginner start with a good quality slate call and box call and learn how to use them properly. Start watching videos to learn what the calls should sound like and when to use them. Thousands of custom turkey call makers out there and most produce a quality call. My first call was a push button style call but it never hit the field because in my opinion most of those calls don’t sound realistic. Buy a couple diaphragm calls too and really start practicing with those! With a little practice you can be proficient with all calls but knowing what is say and how to say it is what turkey hunting is really about. Good luck!