Best Turkey shotgun red dot?

N2TRKYS

WKR
Some guys won’t spend 500 on a sight that hopefully last a long time. Not knocking anyone but my point is many use TSS, 10 dollars or more a shell. It last long and you’ll forget what you paid on a sight. A bunch of tss gets shot, it ain’t that long before you shell out again. I chose the one time higher expense and shoot lead loads.
Figure with tss if that’s what someone shoots., if they only shot it a couple times with 2-3 dif chokes, loads. Than walked back, checked it before season, buy a 2-3 extra boxes for the season, prob got almost 300 bucks tied up already.

Building a shot trap for tss is very handy. You can easily get 90% of your shot back for reloading it.

Foggy Mountain

Lil-Rokslider
Building a shot trap for tss is very handy. You can easily get 90% of your shot back for reloading it.
Yes a shot trap works but most guys don’t use one. Also reloading is an expense. You gotta shell out for tss, it’s actually not reloading most times with tss anyhow but loading, need to buy hulls, a roll crimper, Mylar, buffer, scales, vibrators, hmmm how close to we to 500 or have we exceeded it? I don’t disagree w you btw this is what I’d do if I shot it

donald_pomerleau

Lil-Rokslider
I loved my Romeo 5 on my AR pistol so much I put one on my 835 for turkey and it’s great and only about 150$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N2TRKYS

WKR
Yes a shot trap works but most guys don’t use one. Also reloading is an expense. You gotta shell out for tss, it’s actually not reloading most times with tss anyhow but loading, need to buy hulls, a roll crimper, Mylar, buffer, scales, vibrators, hmmm how close to we to 500 or have we exceeded it? I don’t disagree w you btw this is what I’d do if I shot it

I’ve definitely come out cheaper loading my own. Then add in that my loads are more consistent than mass factory loads and I never have ammo availability issues. Lol

Foggy Mountain

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve definitely come out cheaper loading my own. Then add in that my loads are more consistent than mass factory loads and I never have ammo availability issues. Lol
Agreed there is just a pretty substantial investment initially. It is what I would do though

WRM

WKR
How much should I pay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can spend about $400ish on a self illuminated RMR. I turkey hunt 25+ days a year. It'll probably last the rest of my life. You'd be hard pressed to bust it. It's an investment in quality gear. Trijicon does have a limited lifetime wty.

Last edited:

WRM

WKR
I do. It’s easier to beat up a larger sight and you really don’t gain anything from the larger size.

I don't know about that. I could see having a preference for an MRO over an RMR due to "sight picture", particularly if you are an "older" shooter. Even as on older shooter with bad eyesight, I'm fine with the RMR, but the MRO is not big, in my book. I run an MRO on my lever gun for deer and hog.