Best Two Person Ladder Stand

Hey guys, I've never owned a ladder stand let alone a two person. Will probably be picking a two person up for the upcoming muzzle loader and rifle whitetail seasons. Any recommendations? Things to look for or stay away from?

CiK01

WKR
Not sure who you are hunting with, but i kept on using my 1-person stands when my kids got of age to come with me. I would just put a lock-on above and offset to it. I would climb up the tree stand ladder, use the 1-person seat as step and get into the lock-on. Then my son or daughter can climb up and sit in the 1-person stand.

LostArra

WKR
Not sure who you are hunting with, but i kept on using my 1-person stands when my kids got of age to come with me. I would just put a lock-on above and offset to it. I would climb up the tree stand ladder, use the 1-person seat as step and get into the lock-on. Then my son or daughter can climb up and sit in the 1-person stand.

+1 And this is infinitely easier to set up than any two man ladder stand.

I use the muddys, they are great. Easy for one guy to put up if you bring an extension ladder with you, work smarter not harder!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just FYI, not all 2-man ladder stands are created equal. Depending on how big you are and the size of the person with you, it may really be a 1.5 person stand. Something to think about while shopping.

For instance, my uncles and father purchased a few doubles when my cousins and I were growing up. My dad and I were the biggest pair. He was 6’4” and 280. I was 6 ft in the 8th grade and 200 lbs. We were always uncomfortable when together. That helped me get to hunt by myself a lot quicker than my cousins. Coincidentally, I had a bit more success.

I’d recommend getting your hands/eyes on a few prior to purchase.

As a side note, my dad commandeered a couple of already cleaned dumpsters from Fort Benning while he worked there and converted them into shooting houses. Excellent hides but definitely have to wear ear plugs. I’ll post some picks when I head home to turkey hunt this weekend. They’re beautiful.

My Hawk Denali 2 man is amazingly comfortable and big enough for two grown men to sit in. The sasquatch model looks even better with the extruded metal extending back under the seats to give more storage. Definitely takes some work to set up, the guys recommending a single stand with a lock on above and offset might really be onto something with that idea.

bowtech840

Lil-Rokslider
Sportsman’s guide makes decent ones- instructions suck but pretty easy to figure it out without them. A lot cheaper than most as well.