Best ultralight chair for backpack hunt?

Elite

WKR
Hey everyone, I am wondering what everyone is using for a ultralight chair? I have always thought they are a unnecessary thing and extra weight in the back country, But after a few years of getting sick of sitting on hard rock ground in the mountains I am starting to wonder if the weight would be worth it especially at camp and being comfortable while glassing, What’s some good brands and models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carr5vols

WKR
If you carry a decent ground cloth or your tent has a footprint you can make a hammock chair out of them and the only extra weight is your tree straps...

Looking at the Big Agnes Big Six for Raft/ Goat packing... looks solid for the bigger guys but have been waiting to see one in a store before I try it.

Fitzwho

WKR
Mulibex Capra or Recon for big guys. They are expensive, but very lightweight and rated for 500+.

It's on my list for this year, but the $200+ price tag has me questioning my motives.

Mulibex Capra or Recon for big guys. They are expensive, but very lightweight and rated for 500+.

It's on my list for this year, but the $200+ price tag has me questioning my motives.

Now this,

Is what I’ve been looking for!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got one to get a better position on my BTX, I have the Helinox Chair Zero. I did get the big balls(🤣) for the feet. That adds weight but does help it a lot in softer terrain.

I have a helinox but I honestly rarely use it. For long trips when weight counts, it just seems to get tossed in the leave at home pile. I have used it on shorter hiking trips and it is nice but not essential IMO.

I do almost always bring a closed cell pad of some kind. I put it under my inflater to add r value and comfort/protection. It also gets strapped to my pack and becomes my camp and glassing pad. My favorites are

- Z rest - 14oz
- matty MC Matt face - 8oz
- Matty MC Matt face cut to 25” wide. 6oz

the Matty pad is very thing but light and takes the edge off rocks and logs as well as the ground when sitting around camp or glassing.

I have an alite mayfly chair got it inhale for about 70$ it’s quite comfortable and you can rock back in it packs small only sits a couple inches above the ground. But it still gets left in the truck mostly.

Orions.Quest

Lil-Rokslider
Curious to hear what others say. I’ve been using a Crazy Creek 2.0 since 2016 or 2017, I know it’s not a chair but it meets all my needs for glassing, sitting on rock piles, mud, cactus or thorns and even as an additional ground pad for backpacking hunts. It weighs 26oz, but its $55 and I am comfortable on the mountain while glassing with a tripod and binos or spotter and even btx or while back country camping .

Regular 2lb Helinox for me too...I'm a big boy. Slightly taller than a turkey chair (suitable for archers) and very comfortable. I sometimes suffer back pain but not with this chair.

Attachments

• IMG_0827.JPG
    IMG_0827.JPG
    459.5 KB · Views: 191

Dalen88

Lil-Rokslider
i also have the helinox chair one, due to a old break on my c3 vert i have to have some back suport on a longegr hunt, real game changer, the money sucked to drop on it though