Best ultralight pot and pan?

For as straight up pot-only setup, I like the MSR Titan Kettle. The little pour spout is really nice and it can double as a coffee cup. But if you're gonna pair it with a caldera cone-type system from Trail Designs, the evernew becomes a better pot IMO, because of compatibility with the trail designs Ti-Tri sidewinder system.

sargent

WKR
I bought a sea to summit 1.9 liter alpha pot last year for melting snow. It also worked great on a family camping trip when we were cooking for five.

dvstrl

FNG
I backpacked with a .9L evernew Ti pot for a couple years- it worked just fine. I found it a little awkward to pack, melted the rubber handle coating off, burned some food. The wide base was nice and stable until it warped.

I replaced it with a $2 aluminum .7L Imusa mug about 6 years ago. With a piece of turkey pan foil as a lid, it boils water for dinner slop just fine. Fits loosely over the base of a nalgene or fuel canister.

For melting snow I'm excited about the 1.5Qt Mainstays Aluminum Grease Pot, minus the strainer. Wide base, but not too wide, with a good tight fitting lid. Pours well when you're tired. It's $8 at any Walmart.

These two cook every bit as well, or better, than the Ti stuff. The weight difference is negligible. The price difference is not- I'd glad I put that money towards boots, pack, and shelter.

Do love my Ti spork though...10 years and going strong. Ground down for better shoveling. Guess it's a spoon now?

20220103_220530.jpg