Best uninsulated Hunting boots

Why the Summits out of the Crispi line up. Was it the weight to stiffness ratio? I’m heading up to the one in Johnstown soon to do the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You nailed it! They feel super solid but they are very light. I tried on some Nevada's as well and the Summit's just seemed to fit me better. I did like the ABSS system on the Nevada's so I may try to find a place to check out the Colorado as well and see if it's the best of both worlds. These are obviously not broken in boots so take that for what it's worth.

Savage99

WKR
You nailed it! They feel super solid but they are very light. I tried on some Nevada's as well and the Summit's just seemed to fit me better. I did like the ABSS system on the Nevada's so I may try to find a place to check out the Colorado as well and see if it's the best of both worlds. These are obviously not broken in boots so take that for what it's worth.

I hear you, I’m knee deep in boot research and I think I remember the same, that the Colorado is between those two. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdumke91

FNG
I’m using crispi Wyoming’s right now. They’re the first pair of stiff boots I’ve owned. I’m used to Irish setters so this was a nice upgrade when it comes to moving through the mountains. Thus far they’ve been amazing in Colorado for shed and turkey hunting. I can’t speak to the long term durability at this point though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dcaccia

FNG
I’m going through the same deal. Spent a ton of time researching and trying on the few boots that I had access to. Ordered Crispi Valdres last night without laying a finger on them. Haven’t read many bad reviews about Crispi. If they don’t work out, I may have to make a weekend trip out of boot shopping. Can’t find any place that carries these types of boots aside from cabelas and rei.

Crispi uninsulated are actually an equivalent 200 gram insulation i think.

I'm not buying any huntings boots that are not all leather uppers anymore. Currently use Crispi Kanada {even leather lined} and Kenetrek mountain extreme.

BHolg

FNG
Crispi uninsulated are actually an equivalent 200 gram insulation i think.

I'm not buying any huntings boots that are not all leather uppers anymore. Currently use Crispi Kanada {even leather lined} and Kenetrek mountain extreme.
Why are you only buying boots with leather uppers?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sundance

Lil-Rokslider
Not a specific brand to plug as I own several different pairs/manufacturers of boots. I will say that IMO the most important thing after the boot is a high quality insole and sock. I run Sole's and Superfeet depending on the boot maker, whichever fits best. Superfeet I use the green insole, Sole's I use either the red or the black depending on the fit of the boot. I've run several brands of socks but overall I'd say Darn Tough is the best all around sock.

I love my crispi Nevadas but I agree with the quality socks and insoles. Still trying to find the right sock and planning on going with a set of super feet insoles

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

bmf0713

WKR
I just bought a pair of Crispi Thors and Darn tough full cushion merino hiker and that combo is as comfortable as wearing my running shoes. I dont think im even gonna change the insoles. Haven't put a lot of miles on them yet though.

Catahoula

WKR
I’ve gone through Kenetreks and they were great! However, I run Crispi’s (Nevada GTX) now. I have to say I do like them better than Kenetreks of the past. Of course it’s a personal fit, good luck.

Lowa Tibets are my favorite. Kenetrek Mountain Extremes were also good, but didn't fit my feet quite as well as the Lowas.

Everyone's feet are different, and it will ultimately come down to what YOUR feet like the best

Why are you only buying boots with leather uppers?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just personal preference, Cordura panels are used I believe for lighter weight, less expensive( to manufacture and purchase). Boots with cordura panels seem to get looser on my feet and I get more long term fit problems, stretching etc., and there are more seams to fail it seems in many instances.

NoWiser

WKR
Meindl Denalis are best for my feet. The best for your feet will likely be different.

Make sure you wear the same sock system you intend to hunt in when you go to try on. And I personally am not afraid to take a pack with some weight. Scheels is great because they have lots of stairs and square footage to roam around.

Carr5vols

WKR
Narrow heel and wider fore foot and I really like the scarpa terra gtx for early season through 1st rifle. Then switch over to hanwag alaska.