Best uninsulated Hunting boots

I’ve had a lot of boots, and I use the LL Bean Maine Hunting Shoe almost exclusively anymore. Not too expensive, they re-sole them on the cheap, made in the US, and I really like a lightweight boot with a lot of ground feel.

Never heard of the ll bean ones. I will have to do some research on those.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dave0317

Lil-Rokslider
Over the years Belleville has been the best for me because of durability, support, cost and waterproof lasting. I look for mine on ebay and pay around $50 shipped for very lightly used. Made in USA.

Zap, which Belleville’s do you like? I have used them for budget and uniform reasons quite a bit, and I definitely find them to be better than most people like to admit. Hard to justify a $300 boot when my wife knows I have put 40 mile weekends in on my Belleville’s.

And to the OP, if you know you don’t need insulation, are you sure that you do need waterproof ness? Like lots of guys have said, this a 100 percent individual thing, but I find myself using only extreme opposites in footwear. Above 20-25 degrees, and on a more active hunt where I will cover several miles a day, I go with no insulation and no waterproofing. My favorites even have vents in the sides like jungle boots. Below about 25 or when there is snow on the ground, I jump straight to waterproof and about 400 grams of insulation. I have lots of reasons and experience that led me to this habit. I may type it up later if that interests you.

Thunderer

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a huge Lowa fan, can usually try them on at REI.

If you're going into steep country and need a stiff boot, I couldn't agree more. I love my Lowa Tibet's. The fit and quality is top notch.

Danner Pronghorns work great for me, but as has been said everyone is different.

I am on my 4th pair of Pronghorns in 14 years. Lightweight and comfortable. My go-to for flat/hilly terrain.

sbsyncro

FNG
I'm looking at something middle shelf right now.... anyone have experience with Danner powderhorns?

I've been using uninsulated Powderhorn boots for about 3 or 4 seasons now for everything but really cold weather. I often hunt in really rocky, uneven terrain that is very tough on boots, and also in high desert/chaparral with a lot of thick brush and knee-high weeds and stickers. My selection criteria were:

• Tall boot that prevents leaf litter, gravel, and stickers from getting down into them
  • Tall boot that will provide protection from snakes, especially when combined with snake gaiters
  • Re-soleable
  • Waterproof
  • All leather with good ankle support (I have very skinny ankles but size 12 EE feet)
  • <$300
  • American company (and if possible American made)
  • Durable and will stand up to abuse
Light weight was not an important criterion for me, and these boots are a lot heavier than the Pronghorns and Irish Setter VaprTrek boots I have. But they are a LOT more durable.

I have really beat these boots up and they have held up very well. I replaced the laces right after getting them because the laces sucked, but other than that I've been very happy with them.

Cody_W

WKR
Love my Crispi Guide UI and just picked up some Salewa Wildfire Edge GTX im gonna try one a first season elk hunt this year. Loving the fit and feel so far. Lot of great boots out there, need to find what feels good on YOUR foot.