Best uninsulated Hunting boots

I plan on doing some mule deer and elk hunting this year a was wondering what you guys suggest on the best uninsulated boot that is actually waterproof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwebs

WKR
If you have a somewhat skinny foot I haven't been able to beat Scarpa. Have a few different versions for hiking, hunting, backpacking. Buddies in other boots always seem to get wet feet, have boots get worn down over a hunting season, I never have an issue.

I second scarpa's. Only time i had issues was when the creek was deeper then i though and fully submerged them, then continued hiking another 3 miles. Feet developed some hot spots that day. But not bad. Should have brought extra socks!

fatlander

WKR
I just got a pair of Lathrops Mountain Hunter Elites a few weeks ago, they have a lot of synthetic material on them for a boot in their price range but so far so good with waterproofness. They are extremely comfortable. So much more comfortable that the Solomon Quest 4ds I was wearing. Lathrop also has another version, the mountain hunter that is all leather which will probably keep water out better than the synthetic of the elites.

BHolg

FNG
Try them all. I tried out 7 pairs of boots before I dropped almost $500 on a pair of kenetrek mountain guied ni. For me they are perfect. Solid. Great grip. Good comfort. Lots of support. I wear them year round. And when it's cold I just thicken up my wool socks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mason326

FNG
Try them all. I tried out 7 pairs of boots before I dropped almost $500 on a pair of kenetrek mountain guied ni. For me they are perfect. Solid. Great grip. Good comfort. Lots of support. I wear them year round. And when it's cold I just thicken up my wool socks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
^^This. I've tried on 8-10 brands and dozens of pairs of boots and worn several several pairs into the ground. So far Kenetek ME NI boots are what I am liking the most. Notable runners up have been the Alico summits (heavy as balls though) and Vasque breeze (unexpectedly enjoyed these, but wrong foot shape, my dad wears them now summer or winter).

I went to Scheel's the other day and tried on several. Kenetrek, Crispi, etc. The Crispi Summit GTX really stood out to me. Haven't worn a pair in the field yet, but those will most likely be the boots I run this year in Colorado.

Savage99

WKR
I went to Scheel's the other day and tried on several. Kenetrek, Crispi, etc. The Crispi Summit GTX really stood out to me. Haven't worn a pair in the field yet, but those will most likely be the boots I run this year in Colorado.

Why the Summits out of the Crispi line up. Was it the weight to stiffness ratio? I’m heading up to the one in Johnstown soon to do the same thing.