Best uninsulated Hunting boots

grey12345

FNG
I plan on doing some mule deer and elk hunting this year a was wondering what you guys suggest on the best uninsulated boot that is actually waterproof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boots are 100% shooter preference, gotta find the pair for you. With that being said, I don't like a stiff boot, even when packing an elk out. Salomon Outback 500 GTX are my favorite.

Osborn99

FNG
You should really take some of these suggestions and try them on! Every foot is different

Recently I took my work boots, Arbpro Evo2, for a hike in the mountains. I was really impressed.
Synthetic 6-7" shoe with gortex
Rubber rand
Vibram sole, it's the typical work boot sole with lugs on the outside and +'s in the middle, but a tackier rubber (designed for climbing trees) grips rocks really well.
Waterproofness. I've worked in 2-3 inches of snow for several hours, feet stayed dry. I worked in a bucket truck with water deep enough to cover the top of the arch of my foot (3-4") for over an hour and my feet stayed dry. That was after about 6 weeks of abuse every week day.
Heel kicks. Makes it easy to take them off.
I usually have trouble with my feet sweating really bad but I've had no trouble with these shoes, even during strenuous work at 90-100°.
For me, these are among the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever worn, beating out a lot of sneakers and basketball shoes.
They can be had for around $240.
1dd0b532a741d19f8ac5f4b9dd117deb.jpg
b3a6d33c08fa79c052261f55e850ee4f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Friend of mine has exactly the same model. He is super satisfied with them.

I'm sticking to my Wingshooters for now and I've recently read that Solomons aren't that bad either.

Over the years I've found that it is very hard to decide online how to buy boots, you simply have to try them on and see what fits your leg best.

Cheers

I plan on doing some mule deer and elk hunting this year a was wondering what you guys suggest on the best uninsulated boot that is actually waterproof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019 archery elk season I ran the Crispi Colorados. Really liked them, moderately stiff , light, and comfy for those all day death marches chasing wapiti. Waterproofing never failed me. 2018 I ran the Lowa Tibet GTX. Good boot, great support for packouts but too heavy for my liking.

WKR
I have ran the Zamberlan Lynx boots for Sep/Oct elk and deer hunting in the AZ and CO with no problems about my feet being cold or wet. I did wade through stream knee deep in AZ packing out a deer and by the time I got the truck about a mile the boots felt dry. It was AZ so temps in the low 70s in early November.

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
My feet are 4E wide so most boots don't fit. Anyone with very wide feet find a boot that fit that you really like?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ZDR

WKR
Zamberlan Lynx...on sale now at Sportsmans Outhouse - $299 vs $370

One of the biggest mistakes I ever made elk hunting was to jump into a stiff sole all leather mountain boots. Did tons of research that pointed me in this direction, got them fitted, superfeet insoles and well broken in before I left. However after a few days of long downhill descents the balls of my feet were killing me. The hard vibram sole was also dangerously slick on wet rock and wood. For me I found that I just don't need a lot of support and I much prefer a soft quiet sole. For the last 10 years I have used Salomon mission/authentic boots and they have been outstanding for me. Unfortunately it looks like they are discontinued now so I'll be looking at something else - but definitely want a mid boot with a softer flexible sole.

Jimss

WKR
I use and abuse boots at work every day. Synthetic boots with stitching tend to come apart at the seams. Once the seams go they no longer tend to be waterproof. I prefer all leather boots...the less stitching the better! Unfortunately most all leather boots weigh a tad more than synthetics and sometimes may not breath as well. Rubber rands around the front of the toe also help with wear.

Lowa Tibets, Crispi Nevadas, Dakotas, and Valdres come to mind for good all leather boots. One of my favorite boots is Lowa Vantage but they no longer are made. They took a lot of abuse but finally came apart at the seams from getting beat up on rock sheep scouting/hunting this year. Lowa Caminos are fairly similar and I'm abusing them....as we speak!

I NEVER buy insulated boots! Hardly ever have a problem with uninsulated boots here in Colo...even in the winter time when active.

Wapiti23

FNG
The. Crispi Summit GTX was awesome for my feet. I bought the 8 inch to change it up and was very happy with them. Light, comfortable and I would say depending on the sock that you could wear them down into the teens and still be relatively comfy.

Buelrdr29

FNG
Just ordered some hoffman pro armors today for myself. Ordered Crispi Summit Gtx for ny wife.

It's down to YOUR foot. You can take all the advice you want from any forum but really until you try them on and have someone make sure they properly fit your foot (via sizing) it's all a bit worthless. I got TONS of advice and went to all sorts of stores and Outdoor shows with everyone trying to pitch me the sale. I ended up getting the Scarpa’s Kinesis Pro GTX and literally NO ONE recommended me this boot. I found it, tried it on and immediately knew it was the one. You have a lot of time before next hunting season, try every single boot you can in the off season then make the choice with enough time to break them in before hitting the trails. Good Luck! Hope this helps.

mtview

FNG
I'm looking at something middle shelf right now.... anyone have experience with Danner powderhorns?