Best upland bird vest?

krohboy

WKR
I have had zero complaints out of my Wingworks but they are hard to get your hands on.

If it were available when I got my wingworks I probably would go with a final rise vest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mosby

WKR
Orvis makes a couple of nice vests also. I prefer simple, light weight vests for small game.

ODB

WKR
Filson personally. The old strap one. I carry water and snacks in a Fanny pack.

a very good friend uses a wing works, but carries water and half the truck for his dogs. He loves the vest.

twall13

WKR
Wing works for me as well, probably the last vest I'll ever need.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Tex68w

WKR
I have had zero complaints out of my Wingworks but they are hard to get your hands on.

If it were available when I got my wingworks I probably would go with a final rise vest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ditto. I've had my Wing Works for seven years now and it's still like new. If I were buying right now I'd probably lean towards the Final Rise simply because they are easier to get ahold of. I doubt I'll ever wear out my WW vest.

Wing works are not accepting orders at this time, I just went down this rabbit hole last week trying to find one for my kid. Ended up getting one of the Browning bird n lite which is a far cry from wingworks but was all that I could find in stock.
Good luck

ptwysocki

FNG
IMHO

best vest that is currently in stock: Pyke Wingman. Price is steep yes, but when you receive it you'll understand the quality and attention to detail. Also, the products are made in the USA -- if that sort of thing matters to you. I posted a very lengthy review in this forum, but effectively, it's a very slim profile that is intelligently designed. I would recommend also ordering the water bottle holsters: they're adjustable which allows you to fit various types of h20 loads depending on the hunt you are going on. And it's on the PALS webbing belt system -- so you can customize it however you choose.

have a little more time to wait, and want a larger/more technical vest? Final Rise. Matt literally hand sews them in his house. When you see the vest, you realize that every inch was designed with a purpose. More pockets and storage areas than you'll ever need...all the while designing it to keep the weight where it belongs -- leveraging the load bearing waist belt. It has PALS webbing all along every exterior area of the vest, allowing you to add on multiple pockets in any configuration.

hope this helps

qwerksc

WKR
There are a few good ones, I'm running Q5 San Carlos, I can carry all I need for a 4-5 hour mission, a few necessities for the pups and put birds in it. It's nice.

Forks

FNG
Depends on what I'm after that day. Big difference between a 2 hr rooster chase vs. an all day partridge affair. Evertyhing mentioned is solid for sure and I would add LL Bean Tech. Upland also.

Ucsdryder

WKR
300-400 for a bird vest?! What the hell!!!!!! They’re entering Kifaru territory for a bird vest. Come on! I guess if people will pay it then someone will charge for it.

PredatoronthePrairie

Lil-Rokslider
Hope someone will clarify, use and purpose.

Im looking for a vest for my golden, she seems to pick up every devils tick or cocklebur in the county when we head out. The it takes me a half hour to get the shit out when I get home.

Got to be a better way.
Just started researching.

20201120_161551.jpg