Best upland bird vest?

lvtuna

FNG
I ordered a Final Rise From Matt. Being made here in USA. Thank You Matt. I checked it out. He sews the Strap vest himself. He is also a hunter. First hand knowledge on what works in the field.

ianpadron

WKR
I ran a Final Rise for the last couple months of the season.

Was considering the Q5 Centerfire, Hunt Redi, and Wing Works.

After using the Final Rise, I have zero interest in trying another system as long as Matt is in business.

The vests he builds are very Spartan, but still have everything you need for a loooong day in the hills. Just one of those pieces of gear where you continually have "ah-ha" moments as you're using it, where it becomes obvious that it was put through its paces before going into production.

I ordered the bare bones version with some straps for a jacket, no extra pouches. Never wished I had more space. There are hidden pockets EVERYWHERE.

Typical hunt load out for me and the wild red dog is 2 boxes of shells, shooting gloves, choke tubes, med kit, 2 bottles of water, lunch, miscellaneous dog controllers, and an extra layer or 2.

10/10

Mandatory action shots of the vest:

IMG_20201231_120241_688.jpg20210114_160345.jpg20201230_102118.jpg

WKR
Just got my Final Rise vest in. Tried it on. Seems to be a real good layout. Look forward to Sept to try it out.

Tbuckus

WKR
question for those with the Final Rise;

where do you put your GPS/shock collar (if you run one)?
I like that Q5 has a pouch on the shoulder strap which would be perfect for my Alpha.

ptwysocki

FNG
question for those with the Final Rise;

where do you put your GPS/shock collar (if you run one)?
I like that Q5 has a pouch on the shoulder strap which would be perfect for my Alpha.
#finalrise has a heck of a following...run through some of those posts and youll see plenty of guys run shoulder gps setups. If you look at the strap it has a lateral strap running just above the sternum -- ideal for a gps setup.

personally, I run it off a carabiner clipped to the D ring next to the pockets. Pockets are far enough back where you don't have it slapping off your tight as you hike.

nice thing is it's molle -- so if you find another pocket it'll likely attach just fine. For example, Pyke just put out a alpha specific attachment for molle vest belts. Would work with the final rise no problem...and looks to be a pretty slick piece of gear.

I’ve had a strap vest from Cabelas for over 20 years. It was great for grouse hunting in SW Virginia when there were birds to be found. It works good for rabbit hunting now.

I have had a Filson strap vest for 15 years now, but it is time to retire it, and I have my eye on a final rise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

granite7

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been using a Final Rise vest this year and I really like it, so far. I’ve hunted a couple of weekend and an extended trip so far. My only comparison is a standard vest and I can already appreciate the difference with a well-made strap vest. The Final Rise is very well made, and it feels like it is worth the price. The materials are sturdy. The stitching is perfect and reinforced where necessary.

I love the way it carries weight. I can carry extra water for me and for the dogs. I added pouches so that I have places to store extra equipment I tend to have a lot of junk in my pockets. Orange handkerchief for marking downed birds, windocator bottle, headlamp, lightweight leash, vetwrap, etc. I like being able to organize the stuff in separate pockets. Carrying all of that stuff in a standard vest just made the vest puff up and get uncomfortable.

I love the dump pouch. It easily holds a box of shells. I always reload with my right hand, so I keep a box of shells on my right side. This is huge improvement over shell loops.

Most of all, I love that it is made here in the USA by people who are genuinely interested in the customer experience. They were very quick to fill my orders (I’m a repeat customer) and they are very quick to answer questions.

cssmith85

FNG
I'm using a Final Rise vest. Bought one almost immediately after they were announced. Love it and highly recommend it.
+1. This vest seems to be loved by everyone who shells out the cash for it. It’s going to be my next big hunting purchase. You get what you pay for.

This will be my second season running the Chief Upland vest after wearing a Filson for 20+ years.
Once properly fitted it's as nice as a piece of hunting gear as I've used.