Best Vacuum Sealer

I have an older small vacuum sealer and another crappy one. I'd like to upgrade to something better. I seal around 10-15 big game animals a year plus other game I get. Often there will be there or four deer ready to go at the same time. So I'd like something that would be able to do a few seals in a row. My budget is around 500. I've been looking at the Weston 2100, vacmaster 280, and the lem 500. I do seal shoulders and bone in leg roasts so Id like something that can do above 11" bags. What are you thoughts and experiences.

Patton

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Weston Pro 1100 and have been very impressed, coming from a FoodSaver-- it's light years ahead in quality. It's ready to vacuum and reseal with little to no 'cool-down' time needed. The 1100 can only do 11" bags, 2100 would do 15" bags. I like being able to 'pulse vacuum' as well as set the sealing time for different thickness bags. If/when this one ever burns out, I'll be sticking with Weston.

I highly recommend you look into a chamber vacuum. They have a higher upfront cost but the savings on bags with the amount of game you put up would pay for itself.
The benefits of a chamber vacuum are
1. Lower cost of bags
2. Better evacuation of air
3. Faster- no “cool down time”
4. Longer life

The cons
1. Higher initial cost
2. Size of bag is limited to the size of the chamber

I used to burn out a foodsaver type vacuum sealer at least once every fishing season if not more. Just sealing up to six salmon a day. I have had my VacMaster VP215 for almost 10 years now and have no problems with it. Even with sealing almost 300 lbs of meat in one sitting. It still works as good today as it did when I purchased it. Unfortunately the price of my vacuum sealer has more than doubled since I purchased it. I still think it is worth the price but I understand it is a lot of money. I have heard a lot of positive reviews about this company https://www.meatyourmaker.com/preserve/food-sealer/vacuum-sealers/chamber-vacuum-sealer/1117075.html you might want to look at them. It is a bit over your budget but if you are doing 10-15 animals a year you will recoup the cost in the savings on bags in less than a year.

Its a $100 outside of your budget - but here is a solid chamber vacuum. The only downside's I have with then is the size/weight (heavy), and bag size limitation. Biggest I can do is like 11x15 - which isn't all that big for some applications. I could see getting a quality traditional sealer again for some work where I can use a wide bag roll and go as long as I want.

sndmn11

WKR
Its a $100 outside of your budget - but here is a solid chamber vacuum. The only downside's I have with then is the size/weight (heavy), and bag size limitation. Biggest I can do is like 11x15 - which isn't all that big for some applications. I could see getting a quality traditional sealer again for some work where I can use a wide bag roll and go as long as I want.

That's a great price!
We use our daily.
PXL_20210810_000634512.jpg

OP
T
I have the Weston Pro 1100 and have been very impressed, coming from a FoodSaver-- it's light years ahead in quality. It's ready to vacuum and reseal with little to no 'cool-down' time needed. The 1100 can only do 11" bags, 2100 would do 15" bags. I like being able to 'pulse vacuum' as well as set the sealing time for different thickness bags. If/when this one ever burns out, I'll be sticking with Weston.
I was leaning towards the Weston to be honest.

sndmn11

WKR
My biggest fear with this is that when I want to seal bigger things like shoulders or bone in leg roasts it won't handle it. Or even shanks.
It is more so a function of finding the bags. The bubble is pretty large, but a flat 15"x10" bag lets you get essentially the girth of a bone out prime rib. We have done pronghorn scapula roasts, but haven't tried a deer.
We use it instead of tupperware, and for marinating a lot. I have three racks of baby backs, each cut in half, in one bag brining right now.

We switched to a chamber (the MEAT model mentioned above) and it was hands down the best gear investment in a long time. It gets a ridiculous amount of use and the bags are cheap. Plus since you can monitor the level of vacuum you are creating before the chamber opens up you can deal fragile items and high liquid content like the marinaded meat with no mess. Absolutely love it.

The bags are also more flexible than the non chamber variety so they form around the cute better and eliminate more air. Less trim on long term storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rileyb

FNG
I’ve used food saver brand sealers for years but feel they have fallen behind in the innovation category. I know multiple people who have bought the Weston pro 1100 and highly recommend it.

Dr. Zeus

FNG
Vacmaster VP215 is what I use with 4 mil bags. Great investment.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Not sure if you have made the purchase yet but I have the Westin pro 2100 and can’t complain about it. Works very well for doing 4-5 deer every year and some other random meat when we buy stuff in bulk. You can get a 15” roll and make bags as long as you want.

Iceman82

FNG
I've went through vacuum sealers and switched to a chamber sealer a few years ago. I would never go back. Best money spent

Using a regular vacuum sealer, how does a user keep from pulling so much liquid out that it doesn't overflow the catch pan?

My $100 Costco special has been getting the job done for years. You could get 5 and run simultaneously? Joking but I honestly don't know what I'm missing. It's slow but I only process 1 animal at a time.

Edit, just read u process 10-15 per year, I would be upgrading too

SquirrelyDan

Lil-Rokslider
Have had great luck with the Weston pro 2300. Looked into the chamber sealers but i didn’t like how long they took to do the work( bout 4 times longer than the Weston).