Best Value - Gear Must Have

YouDoYou

FNG
Just like the thread says - What piece of gear are you running that is the best value that can't be passed up?

For me... $15 Outdoor Products trekking poles at Wal-Mart - Pretty light, pretty cheap, pretty durable!

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
Waterproof gaiters, I would've paid double $60. Garden shears for thick brush $10?. Cooling neck gaiter $20 for early season

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

NBKYSCAR

FNG
Another vote for the cascade mountain poles. Mine have been great! Plus I’ve got a $25 bear butt hammock that I use as my sleep system that’s been super comfy.

Eddie Bauer Guide Pants with a coupon $25
Cascade Mountain Tech Trekking Poles $20 Saved my 275lb but from falling on my face while climbing down a steep stream bank in the dark. Fell and jammed them in front of me and was expecting at the least to bend them and still perfect.
Mystery Ranch Glacier pack...Same size as the Metcalf rated to 110 lbs and more than $200 cheaper and some are on sierra.com for under $200 for last years model.
9862f5a00e7be26f428672251cfdff8e.jpg

Last edited:

WoodBow

WKR
If you sleep in a multi person shelter, a luci lantern is super nice for $10. Weights almost nothing, solar charges, and you don't have to blind each other with your head lamps.

I love my z lite sitting pad. $12 on Amazon I think. Saves you sitting in the snow or on rocks... or sitting on your pack which you may want into while glassing. I love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FYT