Best value in trekking poles

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
Bought 2 sets of these and am disappointed in how loud they are. They click when they hit the ground like there is some movement in the sections where they come together. My Cascades don't make the noise.

Really? I haven't noticed that on mine. I'll have to listen close and see what they are doing. What tips do you have on them?

Thanks for the info on the cascade, I have been in limbo on this topic for some time and really did not want to drop a $150 on a set either. Placed my order on Amazon. Thanks Again

Really? I haven't noticed that on mine. I'll have to listen close and see what they are doing. What tips do you have on them?

I don't remember if I put the rubber ones on or not. I was just planting them in the carpet walking around the room. They went back in the box after that.

I don't know how tough you are on equipment, but I definitely am. The only poles that hold up for me or anyone I hunt/hike with are the older Leki Makalu or Super Makalu (my preference). I hike with them 2-3 times per week starting in January up until right before August, then hunt with the same set through November. My hunts include:
Alpine Sitka blacktail deer through the deadfalls & heavy brush from sealevel-to 3,000'+
Dall sheep through scree fields, boulders, cliffs, glaciers from 3,000-9,000'
Mountain goat hunts through very heavy brush, alders, devils club, cliffs, & scree from sealevel to 4,500'
...plus many other types of similar hunts.

I find used ones randomly on eBay. They are aluminum and not the lightest, but they hold up to years and years of abuse. If you are worried about warranty, go with Leki's newer styles, as they no longer stock parts for the older models. Up until 2-3 years ago, If I had any issue, I would email Leki customer service with a photo and they would mail me the replacement part FREE. It was like that for 15+ years. They still do that for their current models.

P.S. I see one of those carbon poles (Costco or others) break on almost every alpine hunt, as well as some other brands of aluminum or titanium.

Wondering what everyone would recommend. Not looking to spend a fortune, but my shelter also gets held up by them so I need something dependable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guess I’m the only one using the same piece of yucca for 40 years. Lol