Best waist belt for hunting pants?

Venom One

WKR
Tried the new kuiu belt and the new material is much softer and pliable but still has the same great buckle.

Agree with Dover. I've been on the hunt for the "best" belt also and bought the Kuiu a couple years ago. Haven't had any issues with it - it works great with or without a pack. No slip issues and I don't feel the buckle.

Checked out the Marsupial Gear belt just now based on recommendations and I might have to try it.

Last edited:

j33

WKR
Kuiu belt is great, thin enough and buckle doesn’t seem to both me. Not a fan of my Black Ovis stretch belt, too thin in my opinion and rides up to rub my hips easy.

Just tried First Lite suspenders, not sold on them yet think I’ll stick with the belt but I’ll give it a few more tries.

Savage99

WKR
Been trying out a bison designs belt. Had it under pack belt and forgot it was there. Haven’t had a real heavy load yet tho. It seems to stay tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
I need to find the link but I bought a couple off of amazon that were generic utility/service belts and they have been great. I use them for hunting and have packed meat with zero issues. I also coach and referee in them with shorts because I got my dad’s lack of ass and hips. I carry an XD 45 in the stock belt holster and like it better than my leather belts. Each one was under $20 and I have used them both for several years. I will try and find a link tomorrow.

KingMoore 1.5" tactical belt on Amazon. Cheap but holds up really great.

Last edited:

Az wildcat

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the marsupial belt. It's great and I've been wearing it daily. Will be ordering a black one when they get more in stock.

I have yet to find a great belt in my research. They seem to either loosen up quickly, or not be comfortable under a loaded pack. Are most guys running suspenders or is there a good belt option out there?

Thanks
A thin, low profile leather belt with a small low profile buckle, which I can also use as a strop.

Venom One

WKR
Based on all the positive reviews of the Marsupial belt, I ordered one and it arrived today. After playing with it a bit, I will keep it and probably wear it, but the Kuiu Climbing Belt is better and will be my go-to belt. The problem with the Marsupial is that it has square ends which don't feed through belt loops smoothly. And, because the excess length folds over on itself, you also have to feed the trailing end of the belt through 1-2 belt loops depending on your waist size. I prefer the Kuiu because you can cut it to length, round off the end so it's not square, and burn the end (belt is nylon) so it doesn't fray. The Marsupial seems to be a cloth material so if you wanted to cut off the excess length you'd have to sew the end to prevent fraying.

Last edited:

Savage99

WKR
Based on all the positive reviews of the Marsupial belt, I ordered one and it arrived today. After playing with it a bit, I will keep it and probably wear it, but the Kuiu is better and will be my go-to belt. The problem with the Marsupial is that it has square ends which don't feed through belt loops smoothly. And, because the excess length folds over on itself, you also have to feed the trailing end of the belt through 1-2 belt loops depending on your waist size. I prefer the Kuiu because you can cut it to length, round off the end so it's not square, and burn the end (belt is nylon) so it doesn't fray. The Marsupial seems to be a cloth material so if you wanted to cut off the excess length you'd have to sew the end to prevent fraying.

I hadn’t thought of doing this to the belt end. Good tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buck197

WKR
Just got my marsupial belt 2 or 3 days ago, so instead of my norm western style belt and buckle over been wearing it. I love the principle of it, however I'm not totally sold yet. It's super stiff, can you wash these things to soften em? I'm guessing you can, but being a batchelor..I'd rather ask haha. It's not the friendliest in terms of belt loops either. I do like the buckle alot on it and think it's a dang good belt, just maybe a few improvements, as the gent above said, round it off and such.