Best waist belt for hunting pants?

jdk81

FNG
I have yet to find a great belt in my research. They seem to either loosen up quickly, or not be comfortable under a loaded pack. Are most guys running suspenders or is there a good belt option out there?

Thanks

Dameon

WKR
I use suspenders, but I’d like to know about pack friendly belts as well. Are the First Lite, Sitka, Kryptek, etcbelts worth trying? All my belts are for concealed carry and are horribly painful under a pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ljalberta

WKR
Ran a kifaru belt last year. I'm happy with it. Kept my pants up. Kept tight. Didn't rub my hips dry.

I have two I like. The standard Hunting company belts are worthless because of the buckle. I really like the Eddie Bauer something. It’s stretchy won’t help a lot if you really need it to take up slack in the pant waist but if you need some tension it’s great and th buckle holds tight. I did not like the original kuiu because it was too stiff but the buckle is excellent. Tried the new kuiu belt and the new material is much softer and pliable but still has the same great buckle. My original kuiu was 2012 new belt 2017. Bison Designs makes most of the belts and you may find what you want from them. I’m sure there are others that work but these two are extremely comfortable and have solid buckles that do not loosen up. Most of not every single other Hunting brand belt out there will loosen at the buckle. I believe Sitka has a new stretchy belt like the Eddie Bauer and a very similar buckle.

Eddie Bauer Genius Belt. I love it. It has some stretch so its comfy when bending/moving and has a really low profile.

tttoadman

WKR
the simple 1" wide belts that come on Columbia and Duluth pants. I don't have any trouble with these small buckles sitting to the right or left of center under the pack belts. Typical ladder lock tension seems to stay tight for me all day.

I wear something called a riggers belt. Old .mil habit.

I tried first lite and kuiu but the buckles didn’t hold well. Kept readjusting. They were not great for hanging gear off of either.

A riggers belt is wide enough to hold a gun or a pouch and has a buckle that won’t creep either loose or tight. Added bonus is it can be used for a drag strap, rappel anchor, safety harness, etc. there are many variants but I prefer the ones without cobra buckles. A bit of a weight penalty but reasonable for the added function at about 5-6oz.

Enhanced Rigger's Belt 2

Brendan

WKR
The current Kifaru belt works much, much better. Doesn't loosen up.

Wilderness Tactical Instructor Belt is another great one, never ever going to loosen on you. But, a little heavy and buckle's a little large for under a pack.

sveltri

WKR
Just st switched to the Kifaru belt from the Sitka, it works great. The buckle holds much better.

I also use a “rigger belt” that I’ve had for 15 or so years. A buddy built it for me back when I was more of an action type guy. Worked then, still works now.

OP
J

jdk81

FNG
Thanks for all of the replies. I have tried the Sitka in the past, but it did not work well and kept coming loose. Must have been an old model. I will look into the options stated here, sounds like you guys have some good options. I tried my leather belts but they sucked!

Thanks

PNWGATOR

WKR
Ditto the HPG belt. Bought it based on AK Troutbum's recommendation and couldn't be happier with it. Secure. Simple. Comfortable with and without a pack on. Highly recommended.

Lurch12

Lil-Rokslider
I bought an SKRE belt for my hunting cloths about 2 months ago. I wore it to work a few times and never looked back. I wear this thing everyday now. It is so much better than the old leather belt. probably going to buy another one just for hunting purposes.