Best way to carry bugle tube when running and gunning

rhendrix

WKR
So in the past I've just carried my bugle tube in my right hand and bow in my left hand when chasing elk, but then I've gotta find something to do with it whenever I'm getting ready for a shot opportunity. So, how do you guys carry your bugle tubes on your body when your running and gunning for elk so that you can use it quickly and get it out of the way just as quickly for a shot?

Beendare

WKR
I have one of the old 1 1/2" corrugated tubes with a string tied to each end...easy to throw it over my shoulder.

Your question is the reason I haven't upgraded to one of the big bad ass tubes...oh yeah, they sound better for sure...I haul enough stuff around to deal with that, YMMV

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It goes under my right arm (bow arm) with a paracord strap around my neck. And I do use one of the large ones. I didn't even think there was any other way.:cool: That's also where my binos are.

Strung around neck and planned under right arm
I'm right handed
Them I swing it forward to call, and swing it back under
My pack keeps it right where I can reach it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

kicker338

WKR
I use 2 tubes, the big one a large twin tube and a collapsible glen berry. The twin tube has a flat bungee cord the keepsit snug but not too tight so I can shove it back behind my day pack when not in use. It's used mainly as a locater one. The compact berry one has some lighter bungee cord on it. The bungy cord works great for keeping the tubes from flopping around when running after elk or plowing threw the brush.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Ahhh, bungee cord. That's a great idea. I've been screwing around with 550 cord trying to figure something out. Thanks!

Brendan

WKR
I am attempting to make myself a "bugle scabbard" this year. Basically a 4" - 4.25" carbon or fiberglass tube that slides into one of the side pockets on my pack. That way the bugle tube will slide in and out easily as opposed to fighting with straps, working it into the pack, etc.

RCR

Lil-Rokslider
I run a kifaru gunbearer and use the quick release strap ( the one on the shoulder harness) to secure the narrow neck of the tube. I run the 550 strap I always have on the tube around a belt pouch or sheath knife attached to my belt and the bottom doesn't flop around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
Underneath the lid on your pack is not how you should do it, either that or not leaving it at the last place you called from is not the place to leave it, not sure which!

No matter what pack you use, there is always a space on the small of your back. I use just the tube from a Power Bugle and it fits just perfect in that space around the small of my back. Don't think it would be an ideal spot for some of those huge tubes, but it works for me. It has never fallen out, even when I have been running after a herd.

StickSlingers

Lil-Rokslider
So in the past I've just carried my bugle tube in my right hand and bow in my left hand when chasing elk, but then I've gotta find something to do with it whenever I'm getting ready for a shot opportunity. So, how do you guys carry your bugle tubes on your body when your running and gunning for elk so that you can use it quickly and get it out of the way just as quickly for a shot?

Hey man you messaged me about the badlands pack but your inbox is full

StickSlingers

Lil-Rokslider

Hey your message inbox is full again
Funds received thanks Ron! Will send shipping info as soon as I get it

jmez

WKR
Mine has a paracord string and I loop it through itself on one of my pack straps. It hangs by my right hip and I can just pick it up and drop it as needed. When I take my pack off I just put it around my neck and over a shoulder.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Mine has a paracord string and I loop it through itself on one of my pack straps. It hangs by my right hip and I can just pick it up and drop it as needed. When I take my pack off I just put it around my neck and over a shoulder.

That's a sweet setup.

Brendan

WKR
This is what I'm working on so it'll slip in and out easily with one hand:

7b5affe5bf0067c691f0a0c4cf9558ae.jpg

Murph1

Lil-Rokslider
I have one of the larger tubes and I slip it mouth piece down between the strap going from my waist belt to my pack and the side of my back. I adjust the strap so it wedges right on there

BigDog00

WKR
I slide it into one of the side pockets on my reckoning. I think Brenden is on to something with the sleeve. Those straps can be a pain if they are cinched down too tight. I've also just slung the tube over my head/shoulder and stuck the mouth piece into the top of my waist belt on my pack.