best way to carry extra arrows

B

bearguide

i carry 6 arrows in my quiver and 4-6 spares, what is the best way to carry extra arrows.
i carry them in a piece of plastic abs tube when i go in with horses. what about when backpacking

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I saw this cool product in ebj, I think it was the one the other day, they are plastic snap covers that protect your vanes, pretty cool and reasonable. You could use those and put them just about anywhere you want, probably strap them to the side of your pack, that's what I would do.

OP
B

bearguide

this is what i use

7151217997_3a5c2f9ca2_z.jpg

OR Archer

WKR
One thing to be cautious of with using the tubes is that your fletchings can become wrinkled and deformed which will hinder good arrow flight. Especially with a broadhead attached to the end of it.

OR Archer,

Good caution for all of us. One thing you can do, when using a tube or other container to protect/hold the arrrows is to use a couple of pieces of foam as spacers, similar to those used by arrow manufacturers, to hold the arrows in place at the top and bottom of the tube/box. For example, if using a pvc tube make two circles of foam, punch a circle of six holes in each piece of foam, then fit the arrows through the holes. This will keep them from rattling and also keep the fletching separated.

Larry

I do what Aron does; strap to the side by running them down into a bottle carrier. I carry 5 in the quiver and bring another 5 to 7 extra.

rodney482

WKR
If the truck is within 5 miles... they stay in the truck.

Otherwise I have an expandable tube designed for carrying arrows. When you get to camp take them out, dont leave them in the tube.

bohntr

WKR
I've used arrow piggy backers on several occasions where I didn't want my fletching warped or arrows damaged. These simply clip on to your existing arrows in your quiver (front and rear) and you attach another arrow (no broadhead)......kind of like double stacking your quiver. VERY lightweight, sturdy, and you can either carry your bow or strap to your back as normal. Perfect for backpackers, IMO. Hope it helps.

Here's a link to piggy backers:

http://www.3riversarchery.com/product.asp?i=5038

mmmmmm..never carried extra arrows into the backcountry.

When I travel I use an Easton arrow tube or an MTM arrow case ( with broadheads ). I guess into the backcountry I would just strap them to my pack like Aron and David.

Drhorsepower,

They are Limbsaver Fletching PODS. They also make Broadhead PODS.