Best way to silence the launcher blade of a QAD

Titan_Bow

WKR
Curious what the consensus is on the best method to silence the launcher blade of a qad? Specifically I’m talking about the friction that can be there and noise associated with an arrow being drawn. I found myself this year ending up having to dab a little bowstring wax or something there before a hunt, because In the dead calm, my arrows were squeaking as they draw back across the launcher.
The original material seems to work great but as it wears, it begins to create noise. I’ve used the soft side of Velcro and that works well, but also, it tends to wear out pretty quick and then starts making noise.
I’ve seen some aftermarket kits that come with pre cut material, I’ve watched YouTube videos of guys wrapping the launcher with serving and using heat shrink tubing on the forks. Just trying to get an idea of what is the best way to do this. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brizzle

FNG
Most shops should have plenty of the felt laying around, I’ve found that you can cut just about any of them to fit well, heat shrink works best on the arms of the launcher. I’d bet even a piece of gorilla tape would do the trick for the center as well.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I put the original felt on the launcher when I first got my HDX seven years ago and haven't given it a second thought since. I'm not even sure there's anything left where the arrow lays, but it's dead silent on the draw still. I've probably put 50-60k arrows across it in that time.

OP
Titan_Bow

Titan_Bow

WKR
I put the original felt on the launcher when I first got my HDX seven years ago and haven't given it a second thought since. I'm not even sure there's anything left where the arrow lays, but it's dead silent on the draw still. I've probably put 50-60k arrows across it in that time.

Interesting. I’ve had this setup 2 years now and have replaced the original felt with Velcro because of noise, and it’s wearing and beginning to make some noise too. Both started out no issues but eventually started making some noise when the arrow is drawn. It’s not much but man on a cold calm morning, it almost got me busted this past deer season.
I’m a life long trad guy and compounds are a fairly new deal for me, so not sure if something is setup wrong. The rest seems timed correctly and the bow paper tunes great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk