best way to tighten up grouping - poll

where would my money best be spent to tighten up arrow grouping?

• New Arrow build

• Different Release

• Pro bow Tuning

• Hire Archery coach

• Different Stabilizer

• Leave it as is

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
^ agree 100%, but a bow shop can tune the bow best they can to you. Kind of a chicken and the egg thing here. Obviously when you are tuning a bow with a new customer, a good tech is going to observe their anchor, their grip and all the things that new folks do poorly, and try to get the bow as close to good as possible given the shooter's inconsistencies. That's all I'm saying.

BDRam16

WKR
I switched to a thumb release a few months ago and wish I would have done it years ago. It has definitely made me a better and more confident archer without a doubt. The release itself won’t change anything, but it encourages you to do the basics easier and better. I have a much more consistent anchor now and never “punch the trigger” anymore. If you just find that anchor perfect every time and pull through the shot, both of which are harder with a wrist strap index finger trigger, you will tighten up groups.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I’ve wanted to shoot a thumb release so bad, I can hardly stand. However, I haven’t been able to get the repeatable, easy anchor that everyone else does. Also, I find myself punching the thumb release and not having as much control with it as I do my wrist strap index finger release.

I say all that to say this, pick something that works for you and is comfortable for you and don’t listen to others that tell you that it can’t/won’t work if it does work for you.

BDRam16

WKR
I’ve wanted to shoot a thumb release so bad, I can hardly stand. However, I haven’t been able to get the repeatable, easy anchor that everyone else does. Also, I find myself punching the thumb release and not having as much control with it as I do my wrist strap index finger release.

I say all that to say this, pick something that works for you and is comfortable for you and don’t listen to others that tell you that it can’t/won’t work if it does work for you.
When you switched over did you take a look at adjusting your draw length? Mine changed because I was anchoring my wrist release farther forward on my face than I do with the thumb release.
I pull back to the corner of my jaw bone and my index finger goes under the horizontal part of the jaw bone and my middle finger goes behind the vertical part. That puts the string at the corner of my mouth and the tip of my nose on my Bowmar nose button.
It should be difficult to punch a thumb release if you use it properly. Thumb rests on the knob, push the bow slightly forward with your bow hand to steady, slowly pull your release elbow straight back using your trapezoid muscles of your back. Shot should go off as a surprise.
Maybe try that and see if it helps any. I know the feeling of wanting to switch the release so badly so I hope you can try again and find better luck with it.

I struggled with gaining a consistent anchor using a thumb release until I started using the bowmar nose button. Turns out, I was all over the place from shot to shot and the nose button revealed that to me. Maybe give that a try

N2TRKYS

WKR
When you switched over did you take a look at adjusting your draw length? Mine changed because I was anchoring my wrist release farther forward on my face than I do with the thumb release.
I pull back to the corner of my jaw bone and my index finger goes under the horizontal part of the jaw bone and my middle finger goes behind the vertical part. That puts the string at the corner of my mouth and the tip of my nose on my Bowmar nose button.
It should be difficult to punch a thumb release if you use it properly. Thumb rests on the knob, push the bow slightly forward with your bow hand to steady, slowly pull your release elbow straight back using your trapezoid muscles of your back. Shot should go off as a surprise.
Maybe try that and see if it helps any. I know the feeling of wanting to switch the release so badly so I hope you can try again and find better luck with it.

I played with the length alittle bit, but not alot. I may try it later on, if I get a new bow.

I shoot very inconsistently with a surprised release with my bow, so I won’t be doing that.

I don’t have any desire to put a nose button on my string. That’s not where the issue was, anyway.