Best Western Hunting Magazine

I just picked up my first ever issue of Eastmans Journal and am loving how it is geared toward to Western hunter. Im thinking of subscribing but wanted to see if anyone had a better suggestion on a Western hunting magazine? Maybe one that have a lot of gear reviews.

Thanks
Patrick

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Western hunter,
Eastmans hunting and bow hunting
Extreme elk,
Elk hunter,

All of those hit my mailbox, they should yours as well.

OP
B
DR.......Do you prefer any one of those over another? Are both the Elk Mags strictly Elk hunting or do they cover other areas?

I get the same subscription as Drhorsepower. Western Hunter and Elk Hunter are pretty new magazines, and I've subscribed to them since the beginning. They have a similar feel to Eastmans' and they have a hunting show on the Sportsman channel in it's first season. It's pretty much geared to the backcountry hunter from all the episodes I've seen so far. +1 on all of them all but I'm liking seeing some more coming to market for the backcountry hunter with Western Hunter and Elk Hunter.

Eastmans and Extreme Elk... All you need :)

I do like Bowhunter Mag as well, but it's slowly getting the back burner.

Manosteel

WKR
I subscribe to Eastmans Bowhunting journal. I am baiscally just a bow hunter now-a-days, got 4 rifle queens that haven't seen daylight for a few years, so that is really the only kind of magazines I'm into, bowhunting backcountry, which leaves me one choice, eastmans.

Are western/elk hunter and extreme elk rifle only or a balance? what is their target audience?

I subscribe to Eastmans Bowhunting journal. I am baiscally just a bow hunter now-a-days, got 4 rifle queens that haven't seen daylight for a few years, so that is really the only kind of magazines I'm into, bowhunting backcountry, which leaves me one choice, eastmans.

Are western/elk hunter and extreme elk rifle only or a balance? what is their target audience?

A bit of both and a balance from what I've seen. http://elkhuntermagazine.com http://westernhuntermagazine.net