Best Whitetail Buck Photo Contest 2016

CDNPO

FNG
Northeastern Ontario:

We are a camp of 5 tags, plus 3 more on weekends. Drew 1 doe tag, the other 7 were antler only. We give the owner of the doe tag the first 5 days of season to fill it, then it is open for the camp.

It was a weird season. With the lengthy drought this summer, we didn't have deer moving in their typical locations. I decided to work a bedding area and a small bit of swamp (water source) that remained at the back of the 150acre private land. I had the 10pt below come in on a string to some doe calls on day two, then dropped the largest of 3 does on day 4 and then a small 6pt on day 7. THAT WAS IT FOR OUR CAMP. No one else spotted antlers the whole season. Pretty rough compared to most years there.

Anyway, here is my photo for this year.

Edit: I know it doesn't matter for the photo contest, but to put it into perspective, I'm 250lbs

Last edited:

Devonian

Lil-Rokslider
It's been a few years since I've taken a buck with my bow. Very happy to fill the freezer with this guy.

weaver

WKR
Ohio
2e99ad684858716e9fa8c3f85bc9815a.jpg

elkyinzer

WKR
Not my buck, but one I "guided" my brother to last week. Another PA public land mountain buck. Put him in one of my archery trees in an area that had a lot of nice rubs this year and he grunted this nice 4x4 in through the fog.

Wyatt G

Lil-Rokslider
IMG_3986.jpg
2016 kansas buck, this was my first year being able to hunt since 2013 due to being injured. Im still not able to hunt how or where i'd like but i was able to get out and that's what important.

TwoTikkas

WKR
This years buck. First with the new 280 AI. Sorry for not having my ugly mug in the pic as well. Hunting alone with a cheap camera keeps things simple. Turned out pretty good though. Lots of beautiful bucks posted here. You all done good fellas.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
This years buck. First with the new 280 AI. Sorry for not having my ugly mug in the pic as well. Hunting alone with a cheap camera keeps things simple. Turned out pretty good though. Lots of beautiful bucks posted here. You all done good fellas.

Congratulations but that doesn't look like a tikka

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk