Best wild game meat

Haven't seen sandhill cranes on here....not saying its the best but it's pretty tasty fare

How do you prefer your sandhills prepared, we had a great hunt on saturday with 15 mallards, 18 geese, and 6 sandhills. Pretty rare to have sandhills decoy for us or to get on a field to hunt them and dont want to ruin it by anymeans. Just wondering your favorite recipe?

CJF

WKR
How do you prefer your sandhills prepared, we had a great hunt on saturday with 15 mallards, 18 geese, and 6 sandhills. Pretty rare to have sandhills decoy for us or to get on a field to hunt them and dont want to ruin it by anymeans. Just wondering your favorite recipe?
Cut any membrane/sinew out of the breast, cut it into strips, season, grill to medium rare!

fastaedna

FNG
I had a sheep hunting buddy who swore ram was the best tasting game. I had the good fortune of following him on one of his many outings. He passed on a legal ram, and basically put a bow on it for me to shoot. Amazing hunt, amazing scenery and a pack out that made every ounce of that meat precious, but sadly not my fav. Cow moose, then cow elk, then bull elk, then mule deer, likely insert sheep here, then whiteys.

jspradley

WKR
Nilgai
Mule Deer (from my limited sample size of 1)
WhiteTail Deer
Armadillo
Squirrel
Rabbit
Feral Pig
Wild Alligator is a thing of beauty too

#1 Muskrat !
Similar to roast beef only leaner, far sweeter and way more tender.
It’s been 45 years this coming Christmas since I first tried muskrat and nothing has topped it yet!

Muskox comes in at a pretty tight second place.

FlyGuy

WKR
I drew a Nilgai tag for this Fall and I'm looking forward to trying it for the 1st time. I've always heard that it is incredibly good table fare.

Elk & Moose are top level for me. Oryx was extremely good. I love Rabbit. Fresh dove breast hot off the grill. Blackened Turkey Breast. Black Bear breakfast sausage. Smoked hog shoulders...

jspradley

WKR
I drew a Nilgai tag for this Fall and I'm looking forward to trying it for the 1st time. I've always heard that it is incredibly good table fare.

Elk & Moose are top level for me. Oryx was extremely good. I love Rabbit. Fresh dove breast hot off the grill. Blackened Turkey Breast. Black Bear breakfast sausage. Smoked hog shoulders...

Laguna? If so that's a tough but really damn fun hunt!!!

bkmail

FNG
Dall sheep
Sitka blacktail
Moose from interior Ak
Berry fed black bear or spring bear
Caribou and whitetail
Bk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
Sitka Blacktail
Dall sheep
Bison
Moose
Berry fed black bear out of the mountains

It's been 5-6 years since I've killed a mountain goat or musk ox but remember both being very good. Pretty much everything in Alaska beats a whitetail.