Best wild game meat

Squamch

WKR
Cougar would be #1 for me, followed by blacktail, moose, grouse, black bear, mountain grizz was good. I'm not a huge fan of elk. I like it better than beef, but not as much as the previously listed critters.

R-K

FNG
I'll go with grouse, unless bullfrogs count. Muleys and whitetail are great, antelope is better, ducks are just as good if you keep them rare (no more goldeneye for me, though).

If we're putting a time & effort value on it, then antelope for sure- decent amount of meat, awesome flavor, easy to hunt in terms of both terrain and abundance.

Jorge400

FNG
It all depends on how it is prepared, but in no particular order:

1. elk
2. mule deer
3. wild turkey
4. dove
5. Bob White quail
6. pheasant
7. duck

I have certainly prepared and eaten more than my share of whitetail deer but it does not belong in the list above. I killed a particularly strong smelling wild boar over 25 years ago that still has me turned off on wild pigs. If I included African game I could expand this list a good bit.

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
Hmmm. Waterfowl - Specklebelly Geese and Wood Ducks are my favorite. Although as long as they are not fish eating ducks I like most of them. Wild game - Moose, Elk and then Whitetail. That's all I've had. Winged game - Wild Turkey, Pheasant, quail and Grouse. No real winner there. They are all good!

PistolPete

Lil-Rokslider
What is your favorite? Anything wild game

I will add by asking. Is caribou and
rams/sheep any good to eat?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

No doubt my favorite was a sow hog that only had acorns as a good source - that backstrap grilled to 155 was to die for! I later learned that acorn-finished pork is a delicacy and I see why.

My favorites depend on how its prepared.

Kodiak Goat ground into burger is to die for. Goat steaks or roasts are tough as shoe leather tho.

I used to think moose tenderloin was top of the list steak wise, then I had some Sitka Blacktail backstraps and that was bumped to the top.

A moose roast from the crock pot is top choice in the roast department.

I had a bison burger down south once and have been putting in for bison draw tags here in AK ever since.

amassi

WKR
Alfalfa elk.
Grass fed, grass finished

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

NUKE

FNG
Interesting always heard duck and goose was disgusting

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Both can be amazing. People try to cook goose like other birds and it’s horrible. Cook it like red meat and you’re in for a treat!

Werty

WKR
Dall sheep, best steak of my life. I've eaten
Lynx, gator, elk, moose, caribou, deer, bear, antelope.