Best wild game meat

88man

FNG
Your gonna think I'm Crazy!! in the following order> Rabbit/ORYX/GROUSE/Antelope/Elk/Sheep/whitetail

Chubby

FNG
How are you guys preparing the dall sheep? Not my favorite usually...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jardo

WKR
I want to go to New Mexico and try getting an oryx. Any tips on meat prep and field care.?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watrboyo1

FNG
I hang my whitetail for at least 2 weeks, turns that backstrap into some melt In your mouth meat on the grill. but in my opinion you cant beat mustard fried cubed meat, or soak it in some buttermilk fried with some onion milk gravy. thats right getch ya sum

Antelope & Elk - Tied for number one. Love them both!

Bison - Only had it a couple times but it was delicious! Might be number 1 but I've not had enough of it. Maybe I'll get a tag some day.

Black Bear - It's been very good flavored, tender, and just really good meat.

Pheasant & Quail - Both are excellent.

Cottontail rabbit. - Haven't had this in a while but cut up, rolled in flour, and fried in butter and a bit of oil it sure is good! The flavor is excellent.

Matt3479

FNG
Caribou is got to be up there for me, probably number 1. I love moose, elk, boar, and buffalo too though

IvanDenis

FNG
Elk is commonly considered among hunters to be one of the best wild-game meats. It's similar to venison, but is usually leaner and has little-to-no gamey flavor. You can prepare elk meat as you would beef.

Wedes

FNG
I love whiteail and elk. Turkey is on the list as well. Beaver meat is really good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk