"BEST" Woodland Caribou outfitter

HenryC45

FNG
I am looking for advice from experience or peep that have done research on Woodland Bou's in NF. I have hunted with Dean of MVO for moose and had a great time. Looking for the "BEST" caribou outfitter if money were no object. Success % and quality trophy. Thanx!

buzzy

WKR
I have read mixed reviews on Effords. I hunted with Dean at Deep Country Lodge. They kill some dam large caribou. I shot a nice one but it was my 2nd time after them (first was with a different outfitter) and got nervous with the weather moving in. I think Dean had wished we had hunted a couple of more days.
96BE03BD-9C1B-46E6-AD7C-DBDC5A3D4667.jpeg

I posted this on your BS thread as well, but hunted with Efford's in 2019 and have no complaints. Archery killed a very nice stag after seeing many caribou and a bunch of solid bulls.

Scott Homrich 2019 Woodland Caribou.jpg

OP
HenryC45

HenryC45

FNG
I just sent my deposit with Moose Valley Outfitters couple hours ago. Have hunted Dean before and requested a drop camp and to be guided by him!

With those arrangements, I am confident he will get us on trophy Caribou!!

Sako76

WKR
I hunted moose with Bob efforts in 2015, what a disaster! He sold the camp we were booked into, never told us. He booked us into his fly out fishing base camp, travel time to hunt was 2.5-3 hours each way! Loaded with local hunters, guides didn't know the area and sucked! I would look else where!

mtnhntr

WKR
I did a ton of homework before booking Roberts Outfitting with them as this is one of just a couple species left that I need, and I wanted to do this with my bow.

Has anyone on here hunted with Roberts Outfitting? They seemed like a small mom and pop shop, but had some very solid and long time repeat clients with consistent big bulls. I specifically asked for clients that went home without, and only got a couple. Those clients indicated they just wanted something dramatically large and were okay leaving with an unfilled tag. I should have hunted woodlands when in I was in NL years ago - pricing was like 8k....now it's 18k - regardless that's the cost of admission. A large number of the references I talked too added moose on for 3k and the success seemed crazy high on good moose when hunting caribou, so I did.

Either way I called an entire sheet of references - wondered if anyone here had any experience bowhunting there. Based on what I found they seemed like a solid outfit.