Best Woodland Caribou Outfitter

Sako76

WKR
Can anyone recommend a good Woodland Caribou Outfitter? Please don't recommend Bob Efforts, I had a moose hunt with him and it was a diaster. Thanks in advance.

tntrker

WKR
Grand Lake Adventures @ grandlakeadventures.com has a few great spots. I went with them on a moose hunt. A fellow hunter there wanted and took a B&C Caribou with bow, his father-in-law took a nice one with bow as well, and Remi Warren was there filming great bow hunt with them as well. Remi was on one of their drop camps while we were at their fly in camp.

buzzy

WKR
Deep Country Lodge. The hunts are expensive but he kills giants and is a great guy who runs a top notch outfit.

mtnhntr

WKR
After quite a bit of homework I booked my archery caribou/moose combo with Roberts Outfitting. They had a mom and pop feel, and the references were very consistent. I always ask for references that don't harvest, and those folks were consistent as well. Most who didn't tag were repeat clients looking for something exceptional. For those who tagged on the 'bou - nearly all also took a very dandy moose as well. Seemed to have a deep list of repeat clients. Until talking with these references I didn't realize how many people want to take multiple woodland caribou.

When I booked in 2020 they were about 2 years out and haven't started pushing people back yet due to COVID. Just added an archery moose to the same trip for my wife a month or so back too - so sounds like they have some room in the short term with COVID cancellations.

I hunted NF several years back with another outfitter and it was terrible, so I put an even deeper review on this operation. My last experience was lackluster at best with minimal game seen.

Last edited:

Nordman

FNG
thinking about caribou hunting next year ….good to know recommended outfitters … i don’t have any idea about the price yet . What’s the range ?

Can anyone recommend a good Woodland Caribou Outfitter? Please don't recommend Bob Efforts, I had a moose hunt with him and it was a diaster. Thanks in advance.
I asked an insta-famous friend who likes bow hunting caribou and he recommended Tucamore Lodge for woodland. I booked with Barb for 2023

OP
S

Sako76

WKR
Thanks WW! A local restaurant owner has hunted moose with Tuckamoor and recommends them. With the prices I'm seeing, $14K to almost $30K, I'm pretty much out at this point. I should have went on the Quebec hunts when they were $3K.

PorterNY

Lil-Rokslider
I would do some research on Ironbound outfitters…. I hunted moose with them this year and saw plenty of caribou when I was there…. I believe the price jumped quite a bit for 2022.. I think there website said $15k for caribou

Nordman

FNG
I would do some research on Ironbound outfitters…. I hunted moose with them this year and saw plenty of caribou when I was there…. I believe the price jumped quite a bit for 2022.. I think there website said $15k for caribou
Will check them out .

How much they charge per person ?
Not sure since I booked a combo moose/caribou but the range for woodland seems to be in the $12-14k range.

Crazy how the prices have gone but Quebec/Labrador shutting down sent shockwaves through the Caribou world.

If you want a better deal go to Greenland- get a musk ox AND caribou for that price.

Check out my thread here-

And if all you want is just a caribou Alaska has the best prices by far. But if you are going for the slam no way around it

Nordman

FNG
Not sure since I booked a combo moose/caribou but the range for woodland seems to be in the $12-14k range.

Crazy how the prices have gone but Quebec/Labrador shutting down sent shockwaves through the Caribou world.

If you want a better deal go to Greenland- get a musk ox AND caribou for that price.

Check out my thread here-

And if all you want is just a caribou Alaska has the best prices by far. But if you are going for the slam no way around it
Thanks so much for info on Greenland !

mtnhntr

WKR
I picked up my woodland caribou/moose combo for $18k; and they added my wife's moose for another $6k - I was finding ranges of $15k-$20k for the caribou alone depending on camp type and trophy quality.

On the Greenland hunt.....DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Having hunted Greenland I would not go back - was it a good experience, yes. But after hunt costs run rampant and were frustrating. I've hunted all over and Greenland was even more aggressively priced on getting your trophies back than central Asia or even Africa. Just make sure you track it all out before planning your trip. Greenland looks good on face value and is super fun; but the path to get your stuff home is an exercise in check writing - much more so than I was led to believe.

Nordman

FNG
I picked up my woodland caribou/moose combo for $18k; and they added my wife's moose for another $6k - I was finding ranges of $15k-$20k for the caribou alone depending on camp type and trophy quality.

On the Greenland hunt.....DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Having hunted Greenland I would not go back - was it a good experience, yes. But after hunt costs run rampant and were frustrating. I've hunted all over and Greenland was even more aggressively priced on getting your trophies back than central Asia or even Africa. Just make sure you track it all out before planning your trip. Greenland looks good on face value and is super fun; but the path to get your stuff home is an exercise in check writing - much more so than I was led to believe.
Thanks for sharing 😱