Better figure it out, Colorado...

Gobbler36

WKR
I just pulled an article on IDFG that says 120k elk. Still down from historic numbers, but well above your 90k estimate.
cfea97669c394d9a97ba0138bb25484b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yeah my article was a few years dated I remember but nevertheless still way down from historical numbers, so I’m not real sure what your point is

Okhotnik

WKR
Idaho allows trapping and poison to manage their burgeoning wolf populations and herds are recovering.

You think Think population bases in Boulder, Denver, Portland, Seattle, Detroit ....would ever in a million years approve these proven wolf management methods???

And if you shoot a wolf defending your family, dogs, livestock better get an attorney immediately. This is first hand from guys who have shot wolves in self defense.

lak2004

WKR
No changing the embrace of the predator era by a non-rural voting CO population unless you can convince them that it will benefit big oil, ranching, and contribute to global warming.

Of course they don’t have a problem with redirecting West Slope water to the Front Range. I guess they consider that part of the “greater good “.
I always wonder if people even know how many trans divide pipelines there are......

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

npm352

WKR
Colorado is going to be the new California. Having lived there for a bit during grad school, it was like this terrible collision of two antithetical forces...libtards and normal people. I would get straight harassed hiking 14ers because I had a Glock on my hip...I told them that the same constitution that protects my right to have it protects their right to say stupid sh** to complete strangers so they could get over it or pound sand.

I predict hound hunting will be gone soon, as will hunting predators other than coyotes.

I got to Idaho just before they opened wolf hunting so I never saw it how it once was...units that had almost 10,000 elk down to less than 1,000, etc.

Best advice: shoot, foot on gas pedal, duct tape on your lips.... Sorry not sorry.

OP
J

jmcd22

WKR
Idaho allows trapping and poison to manage their burgeoning wolf populations and herds are recovering.

Poisoning? Are you talking about how the state manages wolves or how they allow them to be taken by hunters? They definitely do not allow hunters to poison wolves. I am not certain what the state does, but I highly doubt they poison them. Please check your facts...

Okhotnik

WKR
I never said hunters allowed to use poison. You should do some research on this subject before replying

The us govt has a long history using poison like the m44 device to control predators like wolves. Ranchers used to routinely use poison to control wolves killing their livestock. Just like govt used trapping and shooting from planes and helicopters to help control spreading wolf populations. Is this false too??

You cannot control wolf expanding populations by limited hunting seasons. If you have different proof please post up your references.

OP
J

jmcd22

WKR
I never said hunters allowed to use poison. You should do some research on this subject before replying

The us govt has a long history using poison like the m44 device to control predators like wolves. Ranchers used to routinely use poison to control wolves killing their livestock. Just like govt used trapping and shooting from planes and helicopters to help control spreading wolf populations. Is this false too??

You cannot control wolf expanding populations by limited hunting seasons. If you have different proof please post up your references.

I shouldn't have said please check your facts, so for that I apologize. I contradicted myself by asking you what you meant and then asking you to check your facts but I never accused you of stating that hunters are allowed to poison. They most certainly are not allowed to do that in Idaho and your facts on that can be found here: https://idfg.idaho.gov/hunt/big-game/wolf.

Here is an article of a rancher poisoning a wolf and the reprocussions: https://www.mtexpress.com/news/envi...cle_8b2f1770-96fd-11e6-946d-bbfe614dd6a6.html.

If you read what I did wrote, you would see that I stated that I have no clue if the state poisons or not. What I can tell you is that if they are, they certainly are not advertising to the public as that would result in lawsuit after lawsuit. Do you have proof that they are?

Colorado is going to be the new California. Having lived there for a bit during grad school, it was like this terrible collision of two antithetical forces...libtards and normal people. I would get straight harassed hiking 14ers because I had a Glock on my hip...I told them that the same constitution that protects my right to have it protects their right to say stupid sh** to complete strangers so they could get over it or pound sand.

I predict hound hunting will be gone soon, as will hunting predators other than coyotes.

I got to Idaho just before they opened wolf hunting so I never saw it how it once was...units that had almost 10,000 elk down to less than 1,000, etc.

Best advice: shoot, foot on gas pedal, duct tape on your lips.... Sorry not sorry.

This times a thousand. It's crazy how much this state has changed in the last twenty years even scarier how much it has changed in the last ten.

3forks

WKR
This times a thousand. It's crazy how much this state has changed in the last twenty years even scarier how much it has changed in the last ten.

Not only is this accurate, but Colorado recently passed a Senate bill that essentially subeverted a proposition that was voted down by the majority of the state's voters (Oil and Gas regulations).

I point this out, because the senate bill will have a dramatic affect on an industry that contributes far more to the state's economy and infrastructure than the sale of hunting and fishing licenses does.

As this recent Senate bill shows, if the Governor and Senate are opposed to to an issue - it doesn't matter what the majority of the state's voters want (especially as it might someday relate to something like hunting, where uneducated voters can be swayed by anti-hunting propaganda) - they'll find a way around it to suit their own agenda.

Last edited:

PonoHunt

FNG
Completely agree with this. If they have an agenda and an idea of what they want, it does not matter what the public has voted.

Not only is this accurate, but Colorado recently passed a Senate bill that essentially subeverted a proposition that was voted down by the majority of the state's voters (Oil and Gas regulations).

I point this out, because the senate bill will have a dramatic affect on an industry that contributes far more to the state's economy and infrastructure than the sale of hunting and fishing licenses does.

As this recent Senate bill shows, if the Governor and Senate are opposed to to an issue - it doesn't matter what the majority of the state's voters want (especially as it might someday relate to something like hunting, where uneducated voters can be swayed by anti-hunting propaganda) - they'll find a way around it to suit their own agenda.

Stick a fork in her. CO is done.