Better option than Kenetrek Mountain Extreme Boots???

McCrackin

FNG
My experience has been that wearing two layer's of socks (thin wicking pair under medium wool pair) keeps the friction down, keeps feet dryer (more "breathing", less sweat), and therefor warmer. Not a new technique, but maybe some of you out there needed to hear it...

gfreidy

WKR
This year I focused on improving my feet condition. I have previously been getting more blisters as I am sure my feet have flattened out with age, my left foot is larger by a full size due to a injury when I was younger, and I have been focusing on steeper country. What has worked for me 1) condition boots well 2) liner socks plus merino socks - I use a different thickness socks for each foot 3) a strip of KT tape on my ankle 4) learned to lace to lock heel and avoid slippage 5) readjusting laces after first half mile of each trip.

Seems to have worked for me!

Last edited:

Lukej88

FNG
I was in your shoes, or boots a couple of years ago. I had the heal rub issue with my Kenetreks, and had to make a change. I now own 3 pair of Crispi boots, and wont look back. I have the Bridsdal, Thor and Pro Light GTX.

The Briksdal's would be like the Kenetreks regarding the stiffness, but dont feel like a ski boot, and the lace to the toe system is amazing, the Thor's are very light and comfy, but still offer the needed support, and the Pro Light GTX are in the middle of the Thor and Briksdal as far as stiffness. I dont have heal issues with any of the 3, or issues with the balls of my feet like I had with the Kenetrek.