Between the wing option for nomad 2

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking for options to run between the wings of my nomad 2 for day hunts. I have a camp bag for multi day trips but trying to pin down something for day use. I have thought about a couple of large belt pouches. I was originally going to go with a native if possible and use it for a lid but can’t find it on the Kifaru website, must have discontinued it. My next thought was a Sherman pocket or something like that. Those that have a nomad what are you running or thoughts? It will mainly be used in the whitetail woods and chasing coyotes in the Midwest.

Brent111368

Lil-Rokslider
I run the original Nomad, and in day pack form I run nothing between the wings. With a lid, wing pockets, grab it, and two belt pouches, I have plenty of pockets to carry day pack stuff.

jmav58

WKR
I was in your shoes once as well and thought I wanted something in between the wings. Instead I added two more compression straps (4 total), and an OGL with a grab it. Then I never have to unstrap everything to get inside my pack, I can just take off the compression straps and get my everyday stuff. Your puffy jacket will fit in the back pocket of the OGL, you can strap a electronic call to the pack, if you for some reason wanna pack out a coyote, then you can open the pack up all the way and put the coyote in the wings. Hope his helps. The nomad is a sweet pack because there are so many options with it. PM me if you want some pictures of my pack.

easilyamused

Lil-Rokslider
I run mine with a guide lid, grab-it, and medium belt pouch and it works well for me. Ive also ran a sherman on the inside instead of a grab-it if i wanted a bit more room. I have the belt pouch connected with some siamese clips on the delta strap webbing and the lower tab loops on the frame and it seems to work well there and make use of the extra space.

Attachments

• 081256F8-E4AD-4DB8-B0D3-E452ACD56C17.jpeg
    081256F8-E4AD-4DB8-B0D3-E452ACD56C17.jpeg
    287.3 KB · Views: 89
  • C6C47658-34BB-4CD9-A887-A108B7A96C47.jpeg
    C6C47658-34BB-4CD9-A887-A108B7A96C47.jpeg
    289.7 KB · Views: 91

Shraggs

WKR
I would thing an E&E might might be nice piece in between wings, decent bump in capacity and organization. Best is access is not top it’s front panel and I liked that in my original nomad when it’s on ground.
I do agree a lid is smart money, but for that pack I like the discontinued xlt, the way it contoured fit that style bag.

OP
Whitetaildown215

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
I was trying to find something to take up space between the wings because I have a lot of flip, I’m probably just not strapping it right by only using the buckles on the ends of the wings if that makes sense.

prm

WKR
What he said ^^^

I had a belt pouch but no others on my Nomad II. The two wing pockets hold quite a bit, more than I’d carry while hunting.

Rsmiley

FNG
I do a 30l and a 20 l dry bag. I am thinking about a guide lid but I am happy with the convenience of hanging a food bag (20l) dropping the camp bag (30l)

tgoff

FNG
Sherman pocket would also allow you to strap a rifle between the wings while also giving you some extra storage.

pc3

WKR
Always wondered about the Nomad.....would it not be more convenient to just have a Fulcrum....you have the wings only and massive bag when required it seems to cinch down to nothing.