Beware of Buying from Rokslide Member buckarooboy

Whisky

WKR
Did you get mods involved with this? What’s their take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It shouldn't be their problem, IMO. They are not responsible for this. I would shut the classifieds down in a second if I had to deal with every conflict that ever came up.

tdhanses

WKR
It shouldn't be their problem, IMO. They are not responsible for this. I would shut the classifieds down in a second if I had to deal with every conflict that ever came up.

I agree about working the issue but do think they need to ban these guys, no need for people like that on the forum.

Jimbob

WKR

I do not envy the mods, they have a crap job. However, It is their responsibility to deal with this stuff. I am not saying involve them right away BUT if you want a member banned then the mods need to be involved. They have to police the classifieds and make sure no shady business is going on and the only way they can do that is if wrongdoings are brought to their attention.

It looks like a good chunk of the community here doesn't want this crap going on, therefore mods need to be contacted.

Trial153

WKR
I think the seller should have paid for the return, its a stinking 20 bucks. And if he didnt know the proper specs he should have stated that ...

I think the buyer should have put 5 twsits in each cable and enjoyed a good deal on a good bow.

I think the buyer shouldnt not have made the deal to eat the return shipping and then posted all this. If the deal wasnt acceptable then he s shouldnt have agreed to it. To agree to it then air all this seems petty and vindictive, especially over 20 bucks.

Trr15

WKR
I think the seller should have paid for the return, its a stinking 20 bucks. And if he didnt know the proper specs he should have stated that ...

I think the buyer should have put 5 twsits in each cable and enjoyed a good deal on a good bow.

I think the buyer shouldnt not have made the deal to eat the return shipping and then posted all this. If the deal wasnt acceptable then he s shouldnt have agreed to it. To agree to it then air all this seems petty and vindictive, especially over 20 bucks.
It seems his alternative would've been to possibly not get his money back, and be stuck with a bow he didn't want and/or couldn't use. Either way, I personally appreciate the heads up about a seller like this.

OP
Mighty Mouse
I considered that, but it seemed unwise to intentionally exceed the design weight of the limbs. And 70# is the lower end of what I'm looking for; I'd prefer to have 75# or 80# limbs.

It's really not about the money. This is neither the first nor the worst time I've been cheated out of money, nor probably the last time. I lost $20, c'est la vie. But the next unwitting buyer might lose a significant sum if he were to buy a misrepresented item that cost a lot to ship or if the seller were to flatly refuse to issue a refund because the item is "close enough" to what was advertised. If you read our entire correspondence (it was lengthy so I'd understand if you didn't), you'll see that the seller first resisted my request for a refund, then wanted me to ship the bow back on the promise that he'd refund me upon receipt. It took further convincing to get the offer I ended up accepting of a pre-ship refund (with no return shipping reimbursement). Also, the seller was quick to play the "take it up with PayPal" card. I think Rokslide buyers deserve to know all this so they can factor it into their decisions and possibly avoid a bad transaction. I've tried to be polite in speaking to and about the seller, but I don't know that there's a way to post honest feedback in this case without it coming across as vindictive and/or petty. The seller should've been able to tell that I wasn't entirely pleased with the resolution and should've expected to receive some negative feedback. This thread is just an extension of the feedback I left on his profile. He's welcome to leave feedback on my profile and warn folks that I expect sellers to accurately describe their items.

Trial153

WKR
I considered that, but it seemed unwise to intentionally exceed the design weight of the limbs. And 70# is the lower end of what I'm looking for; I'd prefer to have 75# or 80# limbs.

It's really not about the money. This is neither the first nor the worst time I've been cheated out of money, nor probably the last time. I lost $20, c'est la vie. But the next unwitting buyer might lose a significant sum if he were to buy a misrepresented item that cost a lot to ship or if the seller were to flatly refuse to issue a refund because the item is "close enough" to what was advertised. If you read our entire correspondence (it was lengthy so I'd understand if you didn't), you'll see that the seller first resisted my request for a refund, then wanted me to ship the bow back on the promise that he'd refund me upon receipt. It took further convincing to get the offer I ended up accepting of a pre-ship refund (with no return shipping reimbursement). Also, the seller was quick to play the "take it up with PayPal" card. I think Rokslide buyers deserve to know all this so they can factor it into their decisions and possibly avoid a bad transaction. I've tried to be polite in speaking to and about the seller, but I don't know that there's a way to post honest feedback in this case without it coming across as vindictive and/or petty. The seller should've been able to tell that I wasn't entirely pleased with the resolution and should've expected to receive some negative feedback. This thread is just an extension of the feedback I left on his profile. He's welcome to leave feedback on my profile and warn folks that I expect sellers to accurately describe their items.
I agree feedback works both ways. For example after this thread I probably would pass on dealing with either of you.

OP
Mighty Mouse
I agree feedback works both ways. For example after this thread I probably would pass on dealing with either of you.
Open dialogue and freedom of association are wonderful things. If nothing else, we've learned that you and I probably shouldn't attempt to do business with each other since we have differing tolerances for fraud.

Couldn't said it better

OP- You are in the right, suggesting you put twists in the cables and change the draw length and be happy you got a good deal is shit!! This thread has indeed ran it's course. Thanks for posting the details so I know not to buy anything from ole' buckaroo.

dtrkyman

WKR
Half inch draw length and 5lbs draw weight is a big deal on a bow!

He should have told you about the limbs being listed at 65 not 70!

He’s a bullchiiter at least!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk