Beware, Political question.

Nelsesmp

FNG
Think it’s like anything. Some are some are not….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bc the people I vote for seem to be less dishonest or seem to have more real world/common sense than the other. The people I vote for at least seem to be on the side that goes along with my ideas and beliefs.

When there are really only two options, you often pick the lesser of two evils. Picking neither option or not voting gives you zero reason to complain as a citizen and until/unless the rules and laws of the states change we have no choice but to pick the least worse option.

The lesser of two evils is still evil. Why be complicit in giving power to unworthy people when you can opt out instead?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I actually agree with you on that point completely. I guess I see them as worse because of the way they perpetuate the degradation of society in such obvious ways, vs the small ways individuals tend to.

jt4

WKR
The lesser of two evils is still evil. Why be complicit in giving power to unworthy people when you can opt out instead?

I agree. However….Explain to me how you opt out? If you’re opting out of taxes, state laws, state business shutdowns, etc id love to hear how. Otherwise I’ll continue to vote for the lesser of the evils and do my part outside of voting to try and change the corrupt system little by little.

Coldtrail

WKR
My take on it is that there is simply quite a bit of distance between those who work for a living, and those who get into politics, and this is what breeds the dishonesty. If you grow up in a silver spoon environment like most all politicians, then that is your "normal" & you will continue that self centered "everyone owes me" lifestyle the rest of your life thinking that's how we all live. I'm not sure that politicians automatically get into the business to be crooks, but that is most likely the environment they grew up in and the easy route. For these politicians to be trying to pass themselves off as "tough guys" is a joke when 99% look at a shovel wondering which end goes in the dirt.

If you grew up working hard labor as a teenager and adult, maybe helping mom & dad pay the bills on occasion, shotgun in the rear truck window, along with getting your ass kicked once and a while when you did or said something stupid you are probably far less likely to be making your life's work ripping off the working class while helping the rich get richer.

My dad was a travelling foreman for a construction company, the workers called him "The Gorilla". His job was to be a motivator for employees that were not cutting it or being a problem. Only when I was an adult did I figure out what it meant when he would say he had to go to a site because "A couple guys need some help understanding what was expected of them"........many of our politicians could use a little of this same help.

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider
To get elected to a job in US Congress you must have built a certain level of popularity and appeal, be some sort of success, and if you study many of our US Senators for example most are well qualified by standards like education, business success, public service / military record etc. The issue I think most people agree is money in politics / fundraising / lobbying and the lack of term limits means every person has to take a position on a every topic and every decision means you are pissing off the other side. Very quickly a “good ‘ole boy” elected because he’s popular in his state can sell out to keep donors happy. Other countries that legislate money in campaigns and politics and have term limits spend so much less time with politics and more time with policy.

All that said, money and power has always controlled humans and always will. The old saying of “be careful what you say, I draw a lot of water around here” is true, meaning, those that control the resources will always control the politicians because you can always buy a new politician.

riversidejeep

Lil-Rokslider
All through history the political leaders of the people have been self-serving, it continues until it reaches a tipping point. Finally the majority get pissed enough to overthrow the government and then start over only to have it happen again. One would think that the U.S.A. would last more than 250 years but I have serious doubts that it will.

JCooper

FNG
I believe a good part of them believe there going to go into politics with a “for the people” attitude. But it doesn’t take long for them to realize, if they are going to stay around and be on any committees, boards, etc. they need to become “for the party”. Which in turns pads there’s or someone close to them’s checkbook. So within a couple years there’s no honesty or integrity left.

Btaylor

WKR

I very strongly feel all eligible voters have an obligation to vote. If you dont like the choices, you have the option to submit a write in vote.