Beware the man with only one gun

FNG
My father is the one gun guy and one box of ammo guy. I have to say. Beware of the man with many rifles who diligently practices and is a student of ballistics and marksmanship.

Kleinguenther K15 in 7mm Rem Mag. Imported from Germany through a small Texas company in the 70's-80's. Was gifted to me like new as my Grandpa liked these rifles and picked up an extra back in the 80's. Butter smooth action, tri-lug bolt, hinged floor plate, blind box mag, and some sentimental value makes this rifle my go-to. I have a couple other rifles I take out a couple times, but this one always gets time in the stand first. I've got a Vortex Razor HDLH 3-15 on it now to try. This was a VX3 4.5-14x50 which is really bright at last light. It may go back on actually, but we'll see.
Usv0iJ0.jpg

Savage WW 30-06 running 150 grain TTSX or 175 grain Edge TLR.
Close to 20 animals over the past 4-5 years. All one shot, except one, which was a bad first shot.
I have a 300 WM, same offering, but I always grab the 30-06. It just works.

Northpark

WKR
My go to is a Ruger M77 .300 win mag topped with a Nikon prostaff 3-9x40. It shoots 180 accubonds. I call it my meat gun. A few years ago I drew a refuge cow elk tag and took my fancy new long range .300 win mag out. I missed two elk at easy ranges in two hours. I went back to the range and found that the erector assembly in the fancy scope was broke. Ran home, grabbed my meat gun and went back out and killed a cow in less than 45 minutes at 350 yards.

FNG
Kleinguenther K15 in 7mm Rem Mag. Imported from Germany through a small Texas company in the 70's-80's. Was gifted to me like new as my Grandpa liked these rifles and picked up an extra back in the 80's. Butter smooth action, tri-lug bolt, hinged floor plate, blind box mag, and some sentimental value makes this rifle my go-to. I have a couple other rifles I take out a couple times, but this one always gets time in the stand first. I've got a Vortex Razor HDLH 3-15 on it now to try. This was a VX3 4.5-14x50 which is really bright at last light. It may go back on actually, but we'll see.
Usv0iJ0.jpg
Those were called a poor mans weatherby. I had one in the same caliber. Probably the smoothest action I have ever owned. My buddy still uses one in 300 win mag but his is a K14 I believe. Awesome quality rifles.

Grandpa had a K14 in 300WM and Dad has an early K15 in 7mmRM. Almost like a family tradition now. Both of them were definitely "one rifle" men, and their rifles show it. I'm a little less committed, but will favor this one heavily. I may need to snap a pic next time around since the guys here may get a kick out of the "patina" on those rifles. Mine has only been in the field the last 4 years or so, only stand hunting thus far.

coldchow

FNG
Grandpa had a K14 in 300WM and Dad has an early K15 in 7mmRM. Almost like a family tradition now. Both of them were definitely "one rifle" men, and their rifles show it. I'm a little less committed, but will favor this one heavily. I may need to snap a pic next time around since the guys here may get a kick out of the "patina" on those rifles. Mine has only been in the field the last 4 years or so, only stand hunting thus far.
Mine is a stock wood/blue ruger m77 mark 2 in 30-06 . In 1996 I had a gunsmith work the trigger to 3lbs and bed the action. Since then it's killed probably 18 elk, a couple of moose, many deer, and a truck load of hogs. I have owned many other rifles but have been giving them to my kids and grandkids.

Don't have a single "go to" as I have different tools for different jobs.

My T3X in 300 WM is my "go to" for large game. Been 100% lethal on everything and is a pleasure to carry. If I could only hunt with one, this would be it. This is the rifle that I have the most confidence in.

My Ultralite in 6.5 PRC is my "go to" for deer. It had an immensely successful season last year taking 4 Coues. If that trend continues then this could supplant my 300 WM if I only could use one.

There are others in the stable but the two mentioned above get the bulk of the hunting action.

If someone said grab a rifle and you are going to hunt in an unknown location for an unknown animal, I'm grabbing my 300 WM. With my luck it'd be for coyotes but I'd still have fun :-D.