Beyond Clothing - anyone with any experience?

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
i just pulled the trigger on a puffy with zip off sleeves, I've been a slow adopter, and had been running soft shells and wanted to lighten up. This puffy has zip off sleeves, the first anything I can recall since the Kifaru Pack Loc stuff to have that. Had been looking at Patagonia, but, the sleeves tilted it for me.

Anybody else have any of their stuff? I'm not seeing many reviews on this made in Seattle stuff.

(and, by the way, the price for this struck me as a good deal for $150 for a convertible Polartec Alpha piece, if your size is available, and you like multicam, big ifs... Beyond Clothing | A3 - Alpha Jacket Alt 1 | Survival Clothing Systems | Made in the USA)

Last edited:

H.A.F.

FNG
I have the jacket with zip off slevees,and I really like it. It really cuts the wind and you can get pretty active without getting overheated. I also have a parka and some of their long underwear and been real happy with everything. Being made in the states is big for me.

I have been wanting to try their stuff and have almost pulled the trigger on rain gear. I think they have two lines; the military-like M line and the more styleish/techincal Axios system. I like the fact that it's available in long. BTW, you can find some of their stuff on ebay for a steal.

dotman

WKR
Man that's a good sale price, I've heard nothing but good about them.

I have a few pieces . The same zip in multicam and a fleece version , also the a3 in black that was on sale cheap was a great buy!
I have the A7 pant and jacket that I downsized and they are very comfortable.
They offer tall sizes which is a bonus. Customer service is great, if it doesn't fit return shipping is free.
A lot of items go on sale throughout the year which usually saves you about 50%

LBFowler

WKR
I have their PCU level 4 jacket ("bora shock?") and I love the fit, super long hem and sleeves. One of the few garments made in Nextec Epic fabric as well, I practically live in it now.
I've been eyeballing their on sale base layers that are made from the same fabric as Patagonia Capilene thermal weight.

Some of their designs and pocket placements are kind of bizarre and silly, but they are made in the US and have lots of sales so I shouldn't knock them too much.